How do I make Backgrounds?

how do I make new backgrounds for the Modded (HSFX) and Un-modded versions of IL-2?

If you mean Crash, InFlight, Intro, Menu, TakeOff music, i think for Un-modded il2 you have to convert your audio files to default format ( .wav 192kb/s stereo with sampling rate 44100 Hz and file attribute MPEG layer-3 ) and put them in respective folders in C:\Program\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\samples\Music
i.e. Crash, InFlight, Intro, Menu, TakeOff folders. For HSFX version no idea!

stuka_40 Wrote:If you mean Crash, InFlight, Intro, Menu, TakeOff music, i think for Un-modded il2 you have to convert your audio files to default format ( .wav 192kb/s stereo with sampling rate 44100 Hz and file attribute MPEG layer-3 ) and put them in respective folders in C:\Program\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\samples\Music
i.e. Crash, InFlight, Intro, Menu, TakeOff folders. For HSFX version no idea!
Whaaa? :OO

I'm talking about background as in picture

RadPig94 Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:If you mean ...
Whaaa? :OO

I'm talking about background as in picture
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ok my mistake i thought you wanted to make background music according your other post!

The backgrounds are all called 'background.tga'. Find the one you want to replace, e.g. Missions/background.tga and substitute your own. You will have to do some resizing though. Your replacement pic should conform to the proportions of your monitor's resolution, but of all the originals are 1024x1024. Your picture will need 'squashing in' from the sides until it's square.

:cheers:

PS The HSFX background.tga appears to break the size rule, but the game's originals are all 1024x1024 or 512x512.