1st SOS Skyraider skins for Vietnam [1968] Map Campaign

Greetings,

I am working on a 1968 version of Mission Bugs french colonial map of south Vietnam. (with his permission)

I am also building a campaign to use this Map so both can come out around the same time.

1968 version of South Vietnam: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=19442&p=359219

I need a 1st SOS Generic Skin with the TC squadron markings on the tail. If anyone wanted to go further and add serial numbers and nose art as shown in the pictures below that would be totaly awesome.

As always, you would get credit for your work when the campaign came out with your skins attached.

[Image: tc472_609.jpg]

A pair of A-1Hs from the 1st SOS 134-472 and 134-609

[Image: BlSwTe.jpg]

A-1H 139-608 Blood, Sweat, and Tears assigned to 1Lt Bert Bertrand
of the 1st SOS Hobos flown by 1st Lt R. Dorlund

[Image: closeoc.jpg]

"Firebird" an A-1 H/J taken 1 Apr 70

[Image: tc730.jpg]

[Image: tc028.jpg]

Southeast Asia, 15 Jul 1972, Left side view of an A-1H Skyraider of the 1st Special Operations Squadron from Nahkon Phanom RTAFB, Thailand banking to the right during routine strike mission.

[Image: TC5972.jpg]

A-1H 137-597 "Miss Judy" in Oct 1972 at NKP

[Image: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=19442&p=359219]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dixiecapt, sorry for the late reply to this, I'll give them a go for you. I have the full template set which was kindly sent to me by the CY6 and Highlander who built and painted this beaut, trouble is the fuselage cammy wasn't part of the templates so I've had to make it using an existing skin to copy from. :wink: There have been quite a few requests for US Syraiders but as it isn't part of my main interests I have very little info on them so to do them it required those making requests to provide the info, sadly until now it wasn't forthcoming but seeing as you have given me something to work from I feel I have to take it on. 8)

I can't make out all the codes that appear with the AF marking and I'm not sure quite how the inscriptions will turn out but here is the first draft, still needs a lot of tweaking so I hope you don't want them too soon.

[Image: TC597.jpg]

Any further info you have would be most welcome so that the codes can be added in full.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. Big Grin

Looks Good! Thanks for picking it up and take your time.

Hello Dixiecapt, I did a little digging and now have the info I need to complete each of the aircraft featured in your images.

Miss Judy, A-1H 137-597, I now know that 37 is the number under the AF serial, the No 1 is dropped.

This follows also for the other aircraft.

Aircraft 144-028 is actually a A-1J with the inscription " Blind Faith II".

The aircraft with the inscription " Blood, Sweat and Tears is A-1H 139-730.

Here is Miss Judy, the codes are a little out of line but that is due to the aircraft model and how it maps, just take look at Highlander's skins, I've used them to try and match things as best as I can.

[Image: MissJudy1.jpg]

[Image: MissJudy2.jpg]

[Image: MissJudy3.jpg]

[Image: TC597MissJudy.jpg]

Sweet! Big Grin

Fireskull

Found a this...

[Image: Sandy1.jpg]

[Image: A-1H_Miss_Lynne.jpg]

Nice Skyraider skin Mission_bug Smile

Deutschmark

Nice profiles Dixiecapt, not sure I could manage that script on the nose though. :wink:

Glad you like the skin Fireskull and Deutschmark, here is another.

A-1J 144-028 " Blind Faith II " 1st SOS USAF.

[Image: BlindFaith1.jpg]

[Image: BlindFaith2.jpg]

The others apart from one that dixiecapt posted pics of.

A-1H 134-609.

[Image: TC609.jpg]

A-11H 139-730.

[Image: TC730.jpg]

A-1H 139-608, "Blood Sweat & Tears.

[Image: TC6081.jpg]

[Image: TC6082.jpg]

A-1h 134-472.

[Image: TC472.jpg]

Hi Pete,

Your skins are really nice !!!!

Do you have alink to download ? Will you release a pack with all those skins ?

Thanks in advance ;o)

Ted

Hello LeBigTed, glad you like them. These skins were made specifically for a campaign Dixiecapt is putting together so will be released with that.
Not sure when that will be, I've sent Dixiecapt a link to the skins so it now depends on how long things take to come together.

Hello all, here is the link to the 1st SOS Skyraider skins I put together for Dixiecapt's campaign.

http://www.4shared.com/file/JNMq2tLX/1S ... skins.html

Due to other commitments he may be a while yet making the campaign so he has asked that I share them with the community now.

Thank you Mission bug for the nice skin and thank you Dixiecapt for leting us have them early. Big Grin

Deutschmark

Hi Pete !!!

Thank you very much for having released those awesome skins ;o)

Thanks to the Vietnam Team ;o)

Cant' wait to fly a Nam Campaign with those birds ;o)

Ted