Shadows

Hi!

How can I have shadows for Egypt, London and Paris objects?
I've tried to delete specific "Ignoreshadowdata" lines in static.ini as suggested in some topics found here and elsewhere but since I don't know exactly what such lines to be deleted it did not work as expected. Sad
(to say the truth I'm not sure if this in the correct thing to be done... :roll: )

Could someone give me a hint? Big Grin

Thanks in Advance!

If I remember right it has to do with the 3D, look at some of Kevinp tutorials there might be something there to help you, you will find them in the map forums.

Deutschmark

Hi,

There is also a shadows=(?) setting in the conf.ini file but you will have to experiment a little with the setting to see if it effects this.

Fireskull

Fireskull Wrote:Hi,

There is also a shadows=(?) setting in the conf.ini file but you will have to experiment a little with the setting to see if it effects this.

Fireskull

Yes, this was my first attempt. But it seems that shadows setting in conf.ini/render OpenGL just accepts 1 or 2 values (I use shadows=2 an when I try to set shadows=3 it automatically reverts to shadows=1 when loading the game) :evil:

You can't have shadows by changing conf.ini file, that setting is there if the objects has the shadows in their 3D models as "Deutschmark" said, because the shadows are also a part of objects 3D .msh file. if you want know which object contains shadows just open it with Mr. Jones MshConverter.

OK!

Found/Downloaded Mr. Jones but..., what file should be opened (I mean at IL-2 file directory)? :oops:
There is no help/readme! :?: Sad

Oscarito Wrote:OK!

Found/Downloaded Mr. Jones but..., what file should be opened (I mean at IL-2 file directory)? :oops:
There is no help/readme! :?: Sad
Well, if you have extracted the game files with sfs extractor, you can open any 3D object's .msh file.
First you have to download sfs extractor and install it then you can extract games sfs archive files with it (you must have a filelist.txt file in the same folder as extractor, for sfs extractor to work, you can search for such filelist.txt here or at SAS) then you can open .msh files with Mr. Jones MshConverter. To view the 3D model press the "3D view/scene" tab, I attached a photo with some easy explanations. Here you see the OpelBlitz6700A fuel truck.

[Image: eff58fbe72a8f99dfa1c0a6dc071f47fe9b6d5e3...20016g.jpg]

Oh..., yes! sfs archives, of course.

Well, so I'm going to extract everything until I find what I need.

Thank You for your directions Mr. Stuka! :wink: