FaceTrackNoIR-workable with Il-2 & CloD?

A friend dropped over yesterday & helped me install this program which basically replaces trackIR with no need to have a tracker device & uses a small camera to track ones head movements instead. I believe we have it properly installed ( although it seems to reflect a slow FPS,)& it seems to be functioning before going to the sim Il-2 UP3.0,but inside the game I don't get it to work.We didn't have time to play with any settings ...very much ...& wonder if someone in the Il-2 community has actually got this to work with Il-2 and/or CloD.Perhaps you could tell me the settings you have or just tell me it doesn't work as well as already installed trackIR5? :wink:

Hi Dietz,

Check this dedicated thread in the "tools & utilities" section: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=30299

In short, FaceTrackNoIR DOES work quite good with IL-2 (don't know with CloD), without draining too much memory. BUT it has a few shortcomings: mainly, it requires nearly optimal environmental lighting to work properly (your camera must be able to see your face very clearly), and the tracked position suffers some flickering, that can be reduced via filters, though not eliminated.

However, the program is currently being improved, and it's likely to get ever better with time.

This is a big help...my Track IR5 works fine but I just don't enjoy wearing the headset for the clip... Tongue

Hi,

I moved this to PC Technical Help forum.

Fireskull