Canvas Knights New Argus 180.

This is the Argus 180 hp German motor made for CK's Hanover CL3 / 3A.
You may need to click on the photo to enlarge.

[Image: ARGUS180.jpg]

Now on to the reworking of my Hanover.
Deutschmark

Very nice detail! Would be hectic to see the damage model of this engine Big Grin

Looking most excellent :mrgreen:

s3231541 Wrote:Very nice detail! Would be hectic to see the damage model of this engine Big Grin

Lol, I sure would :wink:

Planemad

Ah DM, your models are very professional, are these renders from the CK game engine or a 3d program, in case, which one? Smile

Very nice indeed Deutschmark!

What size is it?
It might fit in my car? :mrgreen:

Jambo :wink:

P.S. Ah, you even could make me an engine of a Ferrari.... Big Grin

Very Good!!

Nice detailed engine, looks great!

Marko

Sim realism taken to new heights! Now you can spend hours in a freezing cold canvas hangar trying to get max power from your engine! Carefully pressing F3 to tighten that bolt... Steady... Steady.... Uh-oh, my castor oil levels are dropping....

Actually, in a mad idea to outdo those silly driving sims, perhaps scoring kills could earn you wide wheels and go faster stripes? Funnily enough, that's not far removed from what happened in real life Big Grin

Well the engines in CK mean something to game play, there are parts of the engines that take on damage in CK and that will effect the oil, fuel and RPMs and if the fuel line is hit engines will starve for fuel and stop, or starve for oil and stop or get hit in the right places and the RPMs will drop, so for the planes and a few other vehicles we have made the engines full and very detailed for the eye and for this reason.

Deutschmark

Erm... I was kidding...

Having said that, there is historical precedent as it was known that pilots often tinkered with their aeroplanes in a way that later ways would be forbidden. One pilot put some kind of supercharger on his engine so he could climb higher than the enemy. As a practical idea for CK, rather than go helplessly into anal detail would a sort of 'empahasis scale' be useful? You could decide how much power, altitude, or reliability an engine has, forcing the gamer to reduce the other values for any desired increase in average and potentially penalise the flyer heavily in game terms for those who want to push the envelope as gamers inevitably will.

For the record the Argus pictured above is very appealing to the eye.

Well there again the engines in CK react to altitude and will starve for air as you get higher RPMs will drop and will result in less lift and as well do the controls ailerons, elevator and rudder will react to thinner air as you get higher and lets say move your ailerons to the right it will take a little longer for the plane to react to the right.

Deutschmark

Excellent Smile