Canvas Knights News Update Jan.9, 2012.

Just a little CK news, for the last week and few days right after new years the developer and I have been banging away at AI AA guns for CK, I am happy to say that as of this nights test we now have fully working AI AA guns in CK we have MG's, canons and even costal canons and the good thing is that they don't get you all the time and they can be destroyed, now time for me to make some proper 3D AA guns and send them off to the CK map maker to be put on the game maps, I will post some photos of the guns as I get them done, the next BIG thing to be done to CK is damage model and we will be starting development of that in the next days to come.

The CK sky's have just become a little less friendly. :Smile)

Deutschmark

Sound good DM :Smile)

I cannot wait to see these new pictures of the "working AA" :Smile)

Quick Question :wink:
Is the TE flack a whitey grey colour or is it black like the CP flack?

Cheers

Planemad

Right now it is just the stock VSF explosion but will be changed to represent a WW1 flack explosion we will use a few different kinds depending on the gun it is from, but before that we must get on to damage model as we need to make 3 kinds one for air vehicles, water vehicles and ground vehicles as they are all a little different and that is going to be a big work as we want it to look as good as we can get it.

Deutschmark

Ah thats good news DM Big Grin

Have fun with all those damage models, (I am sure they will be brilliant :mrgreen: )

Planemad

Will damage models be represented more physically, given the higher poly count in CK instead of using just textures and alpha for damage.

As in when 2 battleships shoot eachother, of course depending on the guns each ship had, you will see actual damage in the sides of the ship like dents or warping. Similiar on tanks aswell.

And for the aircraft I imagine some sort of dynamic damage system like RoF where the aircraft structure can be warped by overstressing, so this would include some sort of animation being applied.

The damage system is perhaps the one thing I look forward to most. :twisted:

Damage model will have texture, 3D model, animation 3D model and sound file to each stage and will react to physics of stresses and yes to your ship question you will see dents, warping and jagged edges as well in metal.

Deutschmark

Sounds superb DM! Thanks!

Hi DM !

Congratulations for your work, it really sounds goood !!!

It will be hard to wait to see pics of damaged models, but take your time ;o)

They surely will be well done ;o)

Congrats to your team DM, and tha,ks for sharing updates ;o)

Ted

Deutschmark Wrote:Damage model will have texture, 3D model, animation 3D model and sound file to each stage and will react to physics of stresses and yes to your ship question you will see dents, warping and jagged edges as well in metal.

Deutschmark

A popular subject in general, I look forward to it, too.

Thanks for the update, DM.

Smile

Fireskull

Awsome news DM, the sim is really starting to move along now, the new gun & its AI sound excelent! regarding the damage model it may be a more difficult job to code but its development is so exciting & im looking forward to how it works out within CK Smile great news Deutschmark, give yourself a pat on the back & send the programmers a beer from me Wink