French Aircraft Consortium is online

It has come to my attention that there is a lack of important French aircraft on IL-2. I know a lot of them were crap, But an authentic Battle of France with aircraft such as the Farman 222 and Liore-Nieuport LN-40 is, in a lot of peoples eyes, a must have. That is why, from this day forward I am initiating the French Aircraft Consortium, dedicated to building every single important aircraft used by French, Vichy and Free French force's. Anyone who wishes to join this establishment, may contact me through the PM system and I will send you my e-mail address for further contact.

Actually while the two aircraft you mention, aren't currently being worked on- to open knowledge- their are other WIPS and some finished or Alpha versions of french fighter mods availible. I worked on some of them.
You are a 3d modeller I take it?

Heinkel-162 Wrote:Actually while the two aircraft you mention, aren't currently being worked on- to open knowledge- their are other WIPS and some finished or Alpha versions of french fighter mods availible. I worked on some of them.
You are a 3d modeller I take it?
actually, i'm a hopeless modeller, but I am a good team builder, or organiser. I can rally lots of people with my properganda skills, though my last attem[pt at propergandering on this site, resulted in a squadrong of just two people

Well, I don't think such a team is nessacary, modders from various sites and backgrounds are already working to bring some nice french aircraft into the game.

I'm french, and except Closterman, I don't see how I can be proud of our past " Air Force " ..

Hueyman Wrote:I'm french, and except Closterman, I don't see how I can be proud of our past " Air Force " ..
I think the question is not about French air force itself, but about the airplanes. And in this respect, France can be proud of several crates which other countries fruitfully used - cf. Malvinas, Izrael, etc.
Just my 2pence of foreigner. Smile

Hueyman Wrote:I'm french, and except Closterman, I don't see how I can be proud of our past " Air Force " ..

I don't see why not. The French had been obstructed by poor political oversight and military shortsightedness, not to mention a very troubled aviation industry, but in fact the pilots - when properly led - put up a good fight against Germany, both in France in 1940 and as Free French forces in the various theatres of war icluding the eastern front. Also, whilt the French had begun WW2 with some very lacklustre native designs, they were working on some that were far superior. The Bloch 157 for instance achieved a level max speed of 440mph when the captured prototype was tested by the Germans in 1941.