Spikes shooting out of my aircraft in external view

I have an Intel Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.8Ghz
24Gb RAM
64 bit OS
Windows 7 Home Premium
ATI Radeon HD 5770 x 2 (Crossfire enabled)
I haven't touched COD for awhile as I wanted to wait to see if some of the glitches had been sorted out. Imagine my surprise when I try it and it seems the graphics are worse and I'm getting these weird thin spikes shooting out from my aircraft (external view).
Can anyone give me some tweaking tips. This is very disappointing.
Cry

Any Screens?

But this sounds to me like a dying Graphics card, but i'm no PC expert, only going on from my own experience,

Also, is this only on CoD?

Planemad

Did you change any of the config.ini settings?

It's not the cards as COD is the only game this occurs. I haven't messed around with the conf.ini at all. When I say spikes I mean just pencil thin lines that appear (flash) from the aircraft, nowhere else (i.e. not in the cockpit).
COD Modern Warfare 3 = no probs, max graphics. FarCry2 = no probs, max graphics (apart from the well known freeze), Battlefield 3 = no probs, max graphics, ARMA 2 = no probs, max graphics, FSX = no probs, World of Tanks, no probs etc, etc ad naus.

Try lowering some of the graphical settings to see if that helps, this has only happened to me after changing certain settings in the config.ini or with an overworked graphics card.

Or try verifying cache on Steam, as you may have a damage file,

Planemad

Hi, as Planemad said try verifying cache on Steam;

Quote:1. Run Steam

2. Right click on IL-2:CoD in your game list / library

3. Select "Properties" at the bottom

4. Select "Local Files" tab

5. Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..."

Also do you have any other problems or strange graphic effects with any other games?

madcat Wrote:...Also do you have any other problems or strange graphic effects with any other games?

Hi Madcat, as Tomoose has already mentioned 8)

tomoose Wrote:...as COD is the only game this occurs...

Should of gone to Specsaver :roll: :wink:

Only joking :Smile)

Planemad

This actually sounds like IL-2 1946's arcade mode, where arrows point through the damaged planes indicating where the bullets went through

RadPig94 Wrote:This actually sounds like IL-2 1946's arcade mode, where arrows point through the damaged planes indicating where the bullets went through

It's not.

Planemad Wrote:Should of gone to Specsaver :roll: :wink:

Only joking :Smile)

Planemad

Think your right lol, must of scrolled past it :-?

@ tomoose; just checking, but do you have updates turn on and have you searched the C1 COD Forums ?