No sound in il2 only??

I have a dell dimension 4600 desktop running windows 7 with a Creative Sound Blaster live model ct4780 sound card in it, I finally after several months have managed to get it to work with my computer. Creative doesn't support windows seven for my sound card, their drivers for this model only go to xp so I finally found a third party driver that made the damn thing work. Unfortunately when I play il2 there is no sound but for everything else there is sound and everything else works. Now my only thought on why it doesn't work is that when I installed il2 I had no sound whatsoever I didn't even have a driver installed for sound of any type whatsoever. The game is at 4.10.01 or whatever and it has ultrapack 3.0 installed with the haken mod enabled and the third party driver is from the KX project here is their site http://www.kxproject.com/index.php can anyone help me figure this out? oh and I just now installed direct x

Hi and good morning LaughingMan101X,

I'm not sure if I can help you - but I'll try! :wink:

Windows changed with Vistas a few things in the audio architecture, i.e. removed HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer),
so in the end there wasn't any EAX effects working... and so on..

To get it working again they tried this: Alchemy
It seemed so, that it doesn't worked right with IL2 and a member of the IL2 community wrote a few lines to get it work...

You may have a look here: Recoded Alchemy Eax Files for IL2 1946

Hopefully it'll work for you!

Jambo :wink:

LaughingMan101X,

Running IL-2 in Compatibility Mode For Windows XP Service Pack 2 might work: Right click IL2.exe/Properties/Compatibility/Compatibibility Mode/ Windows XP Service Pack 2

If that does not work, then next do the same thing to the whole IL-2 folder and the shortcut on Desktop. Any problems with the shortcut copy in Menu or Taskbar might require deleting them and reconstituting them by right click on Desktop Shortcup/ Make Menu shortcut and-or Make Taskbar shortcut

If this still does not work, then you could be missing or have a corrupt dss or dll file in IL-2 or in Windows System. Testing the exact same copy of IL-2 on another Win7 computer might eliminate IL-2 as the cause once and for all. Someone should know which file in Windows might be the one in question.

I believe that this is likely a file which is not being read for some reason, including a the possibility of a driver file. Compatibility is an issue because Microsoft has ended direct support of such files in XP, though the forums with past questions and answers still are viewable and you can get the individual files by download.

If all else fails after trying these things and doing some research, then you could make a separate partition and install XP OS there. After installing the exact same IL-2 into that partition if the problem still exists then I would give it about a 99% or more probability of being a sound card incompatibility. I have read of people having certain sound cards, having tried all the drivers, and could never get it to work with IL-2.

Trying all these should fix it at some point.

I hope that this helps. Please let us know if and how you fix it. Smile

Fireskull