Which german squadron were operating in Leningrad front´43?

I would like to know which German squadrons were operating in Leningrad area in 1943 and what planes they used. I have tried to search info from internet, but so far i have found only one squadron, JG54.
If anyone have better sources of info, or knows a good site, please tell me

Hi, Juntsi

Smile

What simulation will benefit from this information? Are you going to use the information for skins, missions, or campaigns?

The reason I ask is that this forum is not on the scroll and also we might be able to get this question put in a forum which is viewed by more people.

Fireskull

For a campaign, i am trying to do a DCG campaign.
I am quite new AAS user, so i didn´t know where i would have to put this topic. Big Grin

Oh...

Hey that's okay. We understand. I'm glad that are bold to ask for things. Smile

What version of IL-2 is this DCG campaign? It is a IL-2 1946 recent patch, I assume.

Fireskull

Actually it is 4.10.1 + DBW 1.71
I want to make my campaign as historical as possible. I checked the default Leningrad front DCG campaign, and some of the squadrons shouldn´t be there, and at least one Finnish squadron has wrong plane type (A-20 as it should be Blenheim) so i don´t fully trust that campaign

Juntsi,

I put your thread into this forum.

Fireskull

Hi Juntsi,

I'm not sure if I can help you and I would like to ask you: "How is your German?" :-? :roll: :wink:

You may have a look here to start with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftflotte_1

Here you'll find a lot about the German Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe and all of its structure...
The problem is, I couldn't find specific info about wings or units flying in 1943 around Leningrad. Sure there is - but you have to seek and find....

like here
or here.

Like the 1.st, 2nd. and 3rd. group of the Jagdgeschwader 54. They've all been near Leningrad in 1942.
They regrouped several times and in 1943 they're in Krasnowardeisk, in Kalinin, the 3rd. in Smolensk, later this year in France and so on.
All these groups, wings and so on - moved quite a lot!

To be very honest - I don't have any books about that - and it sure is a hell of a lot of work to get the info you're looking for.

You'll find them, no question - but: "No pain, no gain."

This one might be interesting for you as well.

And I'm sorry to say it again - it sure helps a lot if you know a bit the German language... :wink:

If I find more info, links and so on - I'll put it right in here!

Jambo :wink:

Thanks mate. I know just few german words, but i can speak quite good swedish and english so i probably know the main thing in some sentences. And we got Google Translate :mrgreen: