New VSF 2.4.7, Released

2.4.7, released on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Changes for version 2.4.7
Bug Fixes and new features:

1, Added crosshair at the plane's boresight when hud is on.
2, Option to remove smoke from bombs with paramter called "Weapon Smoke" in vehicle options.
3, Fixed problem which occured when removing vehicle that is being targeted by ground weapons.
4, When ground weapon is disabled it's shells are also being removed.
5, Fixed problem which occured when ground cannon fires upon a vehicle.
6, Prop splash width set properly for single engine, multi engine and for catamarans.
7, Loading bsplash.dds, ssplash.dds from boat directory.
8, Disabled wave and splash if too far from camera.
9, Loading ground weapons also from scenery\weapons directory.
10, Loading and editing components of a vehicle from vehicle\components directory.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Deutschmark

Wow!

That was only a few days between updates! :o

Fireskull

Thank you for reporting Deutschmark! Smile

Fireskull Wrote:Wow!

That was only a few days between updates! :o

Fireskull

I agree. But i think if the color_map can be better, so it will be realistic and i think missiles must be updated with distance_can_cover so we can make much realistic missiles and also we need afterburner system that even 100% throttle and must be manually ignited. Like in FSX Smile and also we need here a smokes system that can have smoke trails, like a flames cfg
and also, the last but no the least Smile not only we need those, but also we need [maximum_altitude] for jet engines so we can make realistic zoom climbs(i attempt to zoom climb in a F-4 Phantom, But it's J79's Engine Was Dead already at 65,500 Feet Cry Cry Cry ) and make time-to-climb Smile but if that will be in 2.4.8.. I wish if you could modify the Afterburner in VSF in-game, so we can make realistic add-ons! Smile

@ Sr71blackbird All that you ask for is in VSF already.

1, But i think if the color_map can be better so it will be realistic.

Thats a matter of opinion as I like the way it is now, just my opinion.

2, i think missiles must be updated with distance_can_cover so we can make much realistic missiles.

That's already in the cfg of the missile on how long it will travel for before it runs out of thrust its called [burn_time] and [time_max].

3, we need afterburner system that even 100% throttle and must be manually ignited.

We have a afterburner but your right it needs to be done manually and not the way it is now.

4, also we need here a smokes system that can have smoke trails, like a flames cfg.

We do have that already we have a smoke cfg and a trails cfg in VSF.

5, but also we need [maximum_altitude] for jet engines so we can make realistic zoom climbs.

Its in VSF already its called [max_altitude]

6, i attempt to zoom climb in a F-4 Phantom, But it's J79's Engine Was Dead already at 65,500 Feet

From Wikipedia for the F-4 Phantom ( Service ceiling: 60,000 ft , 18,300 m )

You really need to go here and look at all that can be done with a vehicle.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:@ Sr71blackbird All that you ask for is in VSF already.

4, also we need here a smokes system that can have smoke trails, like a flames cfg.

We do have that already we have a smoke cfg and a trails cfg in VSF.

Deutschmark

No, i mean in the smokes, is that it will leave a trail of smokes, when after take-off Smile

And you can do that with the smoke cfg.

Deutschmark

i will test