Kursk map retextured, retowned, revillaged

Hi pilots!
I´ve retextured the Kursk map with photographic textures.
I would really like to thank for 352nd VFG. I tried to make big grain fields (unsuccesfully) and their textures are wonderfull!!!
Thanks to Martin for his Martins bases.
[Image: Vi4xI.jpg]

I made these adjustments:
Maloarchangelsk airfield - terrain fix, now you can take-off in both directions (this bug was reported to Daidalos team and we can expect fix in default map too)
Orel airfield - little terrain fix, now is concrete segments continuing better
Krom airfield - terrain fix, now you can take-off in both directions
and next little terrain adjustments...

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cUYsogo ... ature=plcp
I hope you will like this map, there are only the best shots in this trailer!Smile My work isn´t perfect and I learn it permanently...

Link for download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ip6vo2b1n0emmm

Instalation:
Copy the content of MODS folder into your Sturmovik MODS folder
If you want to have only retextured (rewritten) version, don´t add any new line to all.ini file and delete Kursk_RRR folder.
If you want to save map as new, add line "Kursk_RRR Kursk_RRR/load.ini" to all.ini file and delete Kursk folder-now you have default map Kursk and new version (called Kursk_RRR)
You will need Hangar MOD and Hangar MOD2 (Its old mods). I hope it include all ultrapacks and HSFX and so on...
If you don´t have it, you can´t save any mission in campaign.

I really recommend to fly with Cloudtype=2 and higher in your .mis files (rewrite it!)
Cloudtype=1,2 - looks good in the morning, when is fog over terrain
Cloudtype=3,4 - best weather for this map, with clouds and without rain.
Cloudtype=5 - rain (why not?)
Cloudtype=6 - thunderstorm (why not?)

Have a nice flight!

Very nice cyberolas Big Grin
Thank you.

Deutschmark

cyberolas,

This is very nice of you!

Several years ago I was making a bunch of missions for offline flying using the old stock Kursk map. I'm glad to see this.

There was quite a variety of aircraft used on both sides, (Russia using some lend-lease aircraft, too), so this is an interesting battle area for mission creation and flying. Of course, the battle was a target rich environment.

Is this map the exact same area as the stock Kursk map? ( It covered a lot of the battle area. )

Fireskull

Yes, this is Kursk default map+retextuiring+buildings and trees position exactly on textures. All dynamic campaign work fine. Can you send here link to your offline mission or campaigns? Thanks.

Hi cyberolas,

thank you very much for your hard work!
Looks very nice and well done indeed! 8)

Jambo :wink:

Cyberolas !
Thank you , this looks exciting Tongue
Bulller

cyberolas,

It was about 2008 - 2009 and I did not even know then that there was an IL-2 modding community, so the missions got lost when my first laptop computer went dead - sorry. Perhaps someday soon I might make more missions using your Kursk map; no promises here because I am soooo busy, but I would like to do it. Smile

People should be interested in your map because it is going to be a load of fun for them.

Fireskull

This is great work , thanks
hope you edit some more maps