Ultr@pack is dead

Here is the inside scoop on UP. Zuti and Hades have walked away. Boomer is gone for the summer and sounds like he is quitting or at least doesn't give a rats behind anymore. The website and I think the domain name are Hades. If he does not renew then watch the site go down. The scuttlebutt [rumor] is that TD stole some of the coding for Zuti's MDS so they quit. I don't know if that is true and you can be the judge on who is the villain, after all, modding can be interpreted as stealing the original game configuration in the first place. Looks like runaway egos killed another good thing.

Bottom line: IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE [UP3.1] THAT WAS PROMISED IN TWO WEEKS LAST NOVEMBER, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH BECAUSE NO ONE IS WORKING ON IT.

Mapczar Wrote:Here is the inside scoop on UP.
"Inside scoop"?
Much more a useless fart of some neglected retard desperately searching attention.

You missed the whole point. Last news from UP3 aren't dating back to november 2011. Much more in april 2012 Hades started to assemble a new team of members taking care of further UP development.
Something obviously impossible to miss for anyone reading the UP boards, but you seem not to do so:
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,5534.0.html

Arranging a new team and distributing work units to each member takes time and is better done behind the scenes ("inside scope" anyone? You don't have a grasp Mapczar...).
Broadcasting news about the progress behind the scenes like water level indicators just consumes the precious time of those who should better spend it for modding. The latter they do and that's perfectly fine.

Bottom line: Stop spreading this kind of #*%#! (Expletive removed by Fireskull) false news. Thank you very much.

Best regards - Mike

Storebror Wrote:
Mapczar Wrote:Here is the inside scoop on UP.
"Inside scoop"?
Much more a useless fart of some neglected retard desperately searching attention.

You missed the whole point. Last news from UP3 aren't dating back to november 2011. Much more in april 2012 Hades started to assemble a new team of members taking care of further UP development.
Something obviously impossible to miss for anyone reading the UP boards, but you seem not to do so:
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,5534.0.html

Arranging a new team and distributing work units to each member takes time and is better done behind the scenes ("inside scope" anyone? You don't have a grasp Mapczar...).
Broadcasting news about the progress behind the scenes like water level indicators just consumes the precious time of those who should better spend it for modding. The latter they do and that's perfectly fine.

Bottom line: Stop spreading this kind of shitty false news. Thank you very much.

Best regards - Mike

Well I feared someone would take it personally. Let me clarify a few things for you Mike.

1. Nov 2011 was the last time a time-frame was given for UP3.1. At that time it stated two week. Every other update has been a stall. All there is -- is a call for new developers and nothing more of significance.

2. Not only am I aware of the link you posted but I am, in fact, a member of the so-called "new team" [but I use a different screen-name on UP's site] and I have access to threads you apparently are not privy to or choose to ignore the implications of what is being posted.

3. Hades has not been heard from in many weeks. He called for new people, and then walked out, leaving no instruction, giving no training or assistance, no list of what needs to be done, who is working on what, no plan, no nothing -- at least not to most of the "new team."

4. If anyone on the old team knows what is going on -- then they are not talking with the new team with anything of substance on the developers boards. In short, there isn't any leadership going on.

5. I agree that it is a waste of effort to constantly answer the question when will the next update be released. It does take away from the efforts of the few who know what to do. But in a way they have created their own mess. They make statements about time-frames, or at least have done so in the past, and all that does is stir up anticipation. More importantly, they do no training for those that want to help but lack the experience. The "new team" is being told "learn on your own." In other words, reinvent the wheel. Don't pass on what knowledge you have to others ready to help, but leave them to learn on their own not knowing where to even start. Not exactly the quickest or most efficient way to continue a project already several generations old.

6. I will say this again for emphasis --- I AM A MEMBER OF THE SO-CALLED NEW TEAM.

7. Now if you know more than what I posted above, by all means, tell us all specifically what is going on besides the "New Team" because the reality is there isn't really a "new team" that can step up and pick up where the old team left off. The old team left, lock the door and took the keys with them friend. The "new team" is standing around trying to find an open window and do not know what needs to be done if they ever get inside. Get the picture now?

8. I hope, like many in the hobby, you are somehow correct that a new update is forthcoming. In fact, I hope you are right, and I have misread what is going on. Maybe Hades and Zuti and others are still working on the next rendition and are just stalling everyone, including the "new team." Not how I would work it but then it is not my website. I salute them for what they have done in the past and the legacy of MDS and UP.

Now we can be adults about this discussion or one of us can call names, sling mud and question someones integrity. My position is that the user has a right to know that there is chaos over at Ultr@Pack and it does not look good. There are a few trying to pull it together but they lack skills, knowledge of what needs to be done, time to do it, and any overall coordination or leadership. In fact, it looks very fatal without intervention by Hades, Zuti or one of the other old developers. Most people would like the unvarnished truth, rather than be strung along like a fool waiting for something that is never coming. What do you prefer sir?

Hi Mapczar,

Thanks for the heads up ...

Unfortunately UP-3.0 never quite got it right IMO ... broke a lot of things on it's initial release which people were enjoying with it's predecessor 2.01

Some in my squad tried it out ... out of curiosity but it never really caught on unfortunately ... those that have retained it kept it for trying out new aircraft & mods but even that's becoming harder now with jetwar 1.2 requirements & the like more often needing to be a part of one's game.

UP-2.01 meets all our needs as far as squad online coop flying goes ... SAS Modact or HSFX has been where some of us have been looking lately of which either one will likely be the 2nd mod pack of choice for those of us wishing to play online with new things.

Cheers,
Tiger

hey! it turns out I AM a member here after all...

This is sad news. Another corner stone of the IL-2 modding foundations crumbles away...
Well, at least all you guys still have me :mrgreen:

that was a joke, btw...

If this is 100% kosher information, then I am saddened. However, with sites like this and the modding community at FM, here and AAS, I am sure IL-2 will be fine. Just fine.

Mapczar Wrote:Here is the inside scoop on UP. Zuti and Hades have walked away. Boomer is gone for the summer and sounds like he is quitting or at least doesn't give a rats behind anymore. The website and I think the domain name are Hades. If he does not renew then watch the site go down. The scuttlebutt [rumor] is that TD stole some of the coding for Zuti's MDS so they quit. I don't know if that is true and you can be the judge on who is the villain, after all, modding can be interpreted as stealing the original game configuration in the first place. Looks like runaway egos killed another good thing.

ROLMAO!!!!

That is hilarious..

Mapczar Wrote:Boomer is gone for the summer and sounds like he is quitting or at least doesn't give a rats behind anymore.

I have been away working,you know for money
as in having a Real Life

All which I told everyone who mattered, long ago
And yes,I am UP~Boomer/EasyRider

With a name like Mapczar
I would have thought.... seeing as you claim to be part of our team at UP
That with a name like "Mapczar" that you alone would have had a lot of map fixes and map updates ready by the time I got back from working this summer

But I see you have done absolutely nothing as a member
same as most who supposedly signed up to help

You say Ya I want to help
get access...then nothing...
Guy's like you do nothing,you don't read what is available,you try nothing
you just want to be shown how to do this and that and everything you want
No reading,No trying,No nothing

Just Gimme ,Gimme,Gimme
and if you don't get what you want... when you want

Then you go cry somewhere like you did starting this thread!

The usual blah blah blah
would you like any Cheese with that Whine :lol: