Can't install in Windows7 x64. HELP!

Hi everybody,

I'm new here, but not to IL2. Recently I updated my OS to Win7x64. To my horror IL2 1946 won't install the out of the box version. So I'm grounded so to speak. Need urgent help.
The setup starts, the firewall asks for permission, I allow the installation to start and then nothing happens.
Please bear in mind that I'm no genius, so a "moron's guide to solving this problem" would be welcome and appreciated.

Hey I got it! I'm not that thick after all.

To those facing the same ordeal:
-Click on "explore" the installation DVD
-On the files list there is a "Setup" folder that won't do anything.
-Double click on the "a" folder
-Installation runs normally

Cheers to all

I hope you did not install in programs files (x86).
Most that do install there have nothing but problems.

I was expecting the '46 not to work on windows 7 without some work a rounds!

What file should we load to if not the x86?

I've just built this comp and am preparing to load it again after a several year hiatus. Thanks for the help!

Hi,

Install IL-2 1946 and your mod pack or system of choice outside Program Files. It works there next to Windows, Users, and other major folders.

You might need to right click on the main IL-2 folder, go to Properties, Compatibility, and set IL-2 for Run as Administrator and Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2. Do this for the Il2.exe (executable file) in the main registry of files and folders of IL-2 as well. Just for good measure, you might want to do that for the il2setup.exe, too.

Clinton