Canvas Knights Sopwith Camel Skeleton.

ALOTEF Wrote:That looks great, DM! Smile
~Mike

+1, but I'm Ted :mrgreen:

Ted

Smile

caldrail Wrote:it is, though for nit-picking purposes it would be nice if the ground had some kind of bump mapping or perhaps procedural grass (not that I'm fussy and demanding of course, but the aeroplane models are good enough to warrant good enviroment)
Deutschmark Wrote:Like this Big Grin bump mapping on ground with grass it even blows around in the wind. :mrgreen:
[Image: GRASS.jpg]

I just dont use it as I take most of the photos of CK on my low end PC even this one and as you can see with all that on am only getting 20 to 30 FPS with out it I get 40 to 50 FPS on my low end PC.

Deutschmark
caldrail Wrote:Smile

caldrail are you smileing because of the above?

Deutschmark

Tremble ROF, tremble! Big Grin

Quote:caldrail are you smileing because of the above?

Deutschmark

Either that or one of the young female librarians has just passed me by.

Oh, hang on, forgotten her completely. There's a Brisfit on the screen. Funnily enough many years ago a young lady once snarled at me during a rest break, telling her friend that I loved aeroplanes more than her. That was a suprise. She was wrong of course...

A - because I was learning to fly thus had little time or finance to woo the ladies

B - because I hadn't noticed she was interested. In fairness she did ask me later - bless her - but by then I was... erm... involved with someone else. You can fill in the blanks yourself.

Big Grin

caldrail Wrote:.......You can fill in the blanks yourself.

If I filled in the blanks myself the post would not be fit for this forum... :lol: :mrgreen:

Ok all joking aside, now for some CK news.

The beta testes now have CK beta 7 and over the next week or so we will be doing the online video filming highlighting the damage model so its not to far off you will all be seeing a new CK video with damage model.

Deutschmark

Nice pic... and awesome news! :wink:

Marko

Great News DM !!!!

Congratulations ;o)

Ted Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Very nice shots, it's definitely worth waiting for! Keep up the good work. Big Grin

Hi,

Deutschmark, I just have a couple quick questions: Will other kinds of models in Canvas Knights also have an interior looking kind of damage model? Will it be possible for a modder to add his own 3D model in CK, maybe with a damage model, too?

Clinton

I will answer in two parts,

1, yes all CK vehicles will have nearly a full frame of what that vehicle has in real life that works with the damage model.

2, yes modders will be able to add their on content to CK using every aspect that CK offers for vehicles, objects, maps and missions.

Deutschmark

talking about missions, how much variety is there? I ask because one of the failings of IL2 is that missions very soon all look the same - there's not much variety there. Some games have an inner scripting language - although Microsoft had one with MSFS it never caught on but that's largely because no-one knew it was there or how to write scripts. With a WW`1 sim, some conditional logic within a mission would be brilliant.

Missions are all done through a conditional logic scripting language read by a command for the AI.

Deutschmark

Boy, am I going to turn into a sad loner... Big Grin

I agree about IL-2....still to this day the best campaigns I ever flew in a sim came in Red Baron 3D....each time you flew a mission you never got the same outcome or mission to follow.