Japanese skins help

Hello all...
I'm having probs with the skins for the Japanese Navy....It's all scambled...wheels are on the wings etc..is there a way to fix this?

thx
68Gulf

That highly likely has nothing to do with the skin mods themselves. No one else in the last couple years has posted such a problem with HSFX that I am aware.

A few years ago, a guy realized that he installed some skins which were not compatible with a particular mod of a certain aircraft. Sometimes the 3D modder will change the way the skin texture is mapped which can cause this if the skin is not made for the new mod aircraft. Here is why you must be sure to have the skins made for that exact aircraft mod. Sometimes older skins or stock skins may not work with a more recent aircraft mod, or opposite situation, for these reasons. There are some 3D modders who made an aircraft from scratch and it has no relation to stock or previous mod aircraft in the texture mapping.

I hope that this helps. Smile

Clinton

I think you will find that japancat updated the Zero's 3D model and corrected all the flaws....as a result the old skins would no longer "fit" so you have to find skins for the later updated model.
regards,
sentinel.

I still have that happen with various aircraft when in multiplayer mode with 'download skins' enabled.

In multiplayer mode, each person must have the exact same version of IL-2, aircraft, and skins or this problem will occur in some aircraft. Also, stock multiplayer internal files might not be compatible with mod aircraft and/or skins.

Clinton