IL2 and Linux...

Hello everyone!
No, I did not retire. Not yet! Big Grin

Please, could someone tell me how to install the game on Linux?
Sistem does not read the DVD. Cry

Thank You fellows!!!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hi,

Welcome back! Tongue

You have to make a dual boot of Windows and Linux to start. After that you can make a data base in your D: Drive (Windows is normally in the C: Drive) and installing Linux will allow you to setup Linux to recognize your data in the D: Drive. There is where you would intall IL-2 and anything that you want Windows and/or Linux to operate. I believe that you can uninstall Windows as a last step and Linux will remain to handle IL-2 and other folders there in D: Drive. I don't know the details on these procedures because I have never done it myself. I would recommend keeping the Windows and Linux as a dual boot because Windows does not take much space and will allow you to run Windows only programs.

Be prepared with a System Image backup so if anything major goes wrong then you can use Restore options to call on your system image and regain everything like it was. Of course, backup IL-2 and mods independently just to be very secure in handling your experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7XHm3SXLkw

Clinton

Thank You for the tips!

Well, case is that I have a new machine with a "powerfull" (for my standards Big Grin ) 4GB intel processor that came to me with this... thing! :twisted:
At the start I've got curious about this OS since I used Windows XP all my life.
But searching on forums I've found that its used by few people with a lot of complains, mainly related to applicatives
(such as games...) :roll:
Think its better to give up from it and go back to the old, good and trusty XP, eventually upgrading to Windows 7.

-S!-

An option is to make a partition and install XP in that. Your XP favorite programs would run in there. I recommend keeping the Windows 7 for programs that need it.

Clinton

Yess... this is certainly the best thing to do.
But, but, I'm also concerned with the fact this machine has integrated graphics/sound devices.
Do You think it will perform well with IL2/FRAPS in association?
Some more info:
*CPU Intel Core i3 2120 3.30GHz
*RAM 4GB DDR3
*HD SATA 500GB
You know, my beloved sister and my brother in law gave this computer for me after my damned cat pissed on my old one causing the motherboard to get seriously damaged :evil:
Of course they don't understand anything about flight sims so that I hope it can luckly fill the gap... :roll:

Thank You very much for your precious help. :wink:

Oscarito Wrote:Yess... this is certainly the best thing to do.
But, but, I'm also concerned with the fact this machine has integrated graphics/sound devices.
Do You think it will perform well with IL2/FRAPS in association?

I have two integrated graphics laptops and I have no real problems, but you will soon discover if it works for yourself. Smile

Clinton