map section?

i haven't been here much here lately but... wasn't there also a section where you could download maps ??? It seems i am missing a map to play a campaign so any pointers into the right direction are higly appriciated.

S! Rowddy.

Hi Rowddy, right here;

viewforum.php?f=116

Deutschmark

hi Deutschmark i saw that section but i cannot see any maps to download just tools to create maps or items that can be put into maps. But there used to be Always a hugh download section for maps, actualy i was lokking for that.

S! Rowddy.

Hi,

Several things in the IL-2 modding scene changed things in regard to maps:

1) More people look to mod packs for getting a collection of maps than a few years ago.

2) Due to maps being made in certain versions of IL-2 or mod packs, the ones made in the last few years tend to be published in certain websites aimed at fans of a particular modded IL-2. This means fewer as individual downloads in one place.

3) Online fans of IL-2 are getting their maps mostly thru their own squadron.

4) Wanting a little known or unkown map is a matter of being at the right place at the right time or going out one's way to prepare IL-2 for that particular map.

5) Most of the areas of WW2 have already been covered.

6) My opinion is that creating, publishing, and downloading of individual maps has slowed much in the last few years.

Clinton

You dont see this?

viewforum.php?f=125

Or this?

viewforum.php?f=166

If not then I need to know to find out why.
Can any other members see these forums?

Deutschmark

All 3 links posted thus far work ok for me ... first one from DM takes you to a page showing links to map sections each for 4.09 / 10 / 11 & last one a section for map tools.

...for me all links all right!

txs for all the response/help guys Smile i have seen those Deutschmark but i run 4.11.1m with HSFX can i then still use those maps as in your links? Becouse they referr to 4.09 and 4.10 or doesn't that mather? (lol forgot been to long away Sad )

Most 4.09 mods will work in 4.11 am not sure about maps though you can give it a try.

Deutschmark

DM is right, the best way to go about it is to try the map in HSFX.

If anything goes wrong, then you could PM the author and ask if an updated version of the map exists somewhere and if so then be so kind as to request that the updated map be posted here. Big Grin

I have to warn you, then rarely does an old map work perfectly with missions and campaigns in a newer IL-2 or the other way around that.

As a matter of fact, it is so bad that I would expect a map to NOT work outside the version of IL-2 for which it was made, but give them a try at least. Big Grin

Clinton