Can I fix this?[Solved]

Hello!

Since I've got a new machine I have this flickering disturb:
This is almost certainly due to the fact I don't have a dedicated graphics card but an integrated one.
[Image: il2fb2013-02-1920-19-23-97.jpg]

I've noticed this does not happen when I switch from OpenGL to Direct X, but in this case I can not see shadows:
[Image: il2fb2013-02-2811-30-06-57.jpg]

Since I'll have to wait somewhat until I can buy a good 3d card, I wonder if there is a way to fix this annoying trouble by any possible means, so that I could have better results either with OpenGL or DirectX.

Info:
*Windows 7 Ultimate
*System type: 32-bit Operating System
*Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30GHz
*Intel® Graphics card
*Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.41 GB usable)

Hope someone can help...

Many Thanks! Big Grin

Hi, Oscarito

I have two laptop computers of different makes and models with integrated graphics and no problems. One of them uses an Intel based integrated system, too.

There should be no problems, but sometimes you can download and install an older graphics driver to fix anomalies in IL-2. Also, sometimes a mod or a conflict between a mod and a version of IL-2 can cause strange gliches.

Does this problem only happen with certain aircraft? If this is the case, then likely you can substitute another aircraft to fix the problem.

Another remote possibility is that your version, update, or mod of IL-2 has corrupted files. This is rare but sometimes happens.

I recommend that you swap other planes to see what happens. Next, change graphics drivers. Last resort is to reinstall IL-2.

Clinton

Hi Fireskull!

This happens with all planes.
Usually, I use v4.09+UP2.01(currently unmodded), but problem is noticed even when I load the stock game.
IL2 was installed some two weeks ago in this new machine.
I had no problems like this before, when I had a nvidia card (unfortunately I can not use that card in the new machine since its not a pci express...).
I did not know I could get other drivers for Intel chipset card...,so, where can I find this? (sorry for my lack of information :oops: )

Thank You for your efforts to help me... Big Grin

Yes, you need to go to the Intel website and meet Mr. Search at the door. Smile

Look for graphics drivers. Some manufacturers have an online utility which connects with your computer in the website and identifies the computer and components automatically for you. Perhaps they have that. At any rate, it is not hard, so go greet Mr. Search! Tongue

Big Grin

Clinton

I will do that Sir! :wink:

Many, many Thanks again!

-S!-
Big Grin

Fireskull Wrote:Look for graphics drivers. Some manufacturers have an online utility which connects with your computer in the website and identifies the computer and components automatically for you. Perhaps they have that.
Yesss! You've got it!
They performed a scan on my system and suggested a better driver. Everything is working like a charm now.

Brave New World!

Thanks from a Neanderthal Man...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

See: Old Fireskull is not as dumb as some way out there say that I am! Tongue

I am glad that you are back enjoying it.

Big Grin

Clinton