Ice Eagle's Hanger

First on the list when I get my new computer (old one fried) . Right now doing everything from my android phone.

I point was made. I now return you to your regulary scheduled programming.

Gunther Specht BF109G-5/AS. I feel that this is very close to what Herr Specht Actually flew. (My 4.12.2 game).

[Image: 2013121102-51-08_zpsb6874ed3.jpg:original]

Stencil template: special german markings and stencils by RAF_Loke
from axis & allies
Other stencils by Ice Eagle
2048 G-5AS template by Ice Eagle
Internals and machinery by revolver
Skin by ICE EAGLE

Bf 109G-14AS, Yellow 1, Lt. Richard Franz, 7./JG 11 during Operation Bodenplatte.

[Image: 2013.12.02%2003-06-12_zpsu2wuvbox.jpg:original]
Stencil template: special german markings and stencils by RAF_Loke
from axis & allies
Other stencils by Ice Eagle
2048 G-5AS template by Ice Eagle
Internals and machinery by revolver
Skin by ICE EAGLE

Franz Gotz Fw190D-13, Yellow 10-+-.

[Image: 2013111400-26-09_zps37d4abb2.jpg:original]
unknown D9 template converted to D13.
Skin by ICE EAGLE

Great looking skins Ice Big Grin

Deutschmark

Thanks buddy. Smile

Yes! Big Grin

Superb skins!

Clinton

Well i just give it my best shot. Im doing some touch ups on Spechts 109 right now.

If theres intetest in the D-13 I will release it.

Ice_Eagle Wrote:If theres intetest in the D-13 I will release it.

Am sure people would like to use this nice skin of yours so please do release it and you can post it in the forum that you put your other ones in that I setup at your request.

Deutschmark

Okie dokie. I just gotta find the author of the template. Im sure it was somebody at Axis & Allies.

Some final touches..

[Image: Untitled_zpsxgxgblaa.jpg]

That looks really good man Big Grin
I like all the worn out look to it 8)

Deutschmark

Werknummer 110064 was a G-5 from Erla-Leipzig with first BAL acceptance on 10. Jan. 1944. As Leipzig built no AS-aircraft at that time, it presumably was a regular G-5 with DB 605 A engine.

The color of the fixed canopy is of a bright pale shade, as is most of the airframe. The darker colors are painted on very crudely and they avoid the markings. This is typical for AS-engined aircraft from Erla-Antwerpen, which were delivered in 76 all over and sometimes got more camo only at unit-level. For that reason, the splinter-camo on the wings have an unusually bright (76) background color.

The newly built G-5 was sent directly from Leipzig to Antwerpen for installing the AS-engine.

At Antwerpen they did not only change the engine. They also attached a new Erla-canopy, indicated by the tubular frame at the rear cockpit. And they got rid of the equipment for pressurizing the cabin. To ventilate the now sealed cabin, they added those air-scoops beneath the forward canopy-frame. And they added also small rectangular flaps in the fuselage directly under the cockpit. These flaps ("Belüftungsklappe" in Ersatzteilliste) were moveable from the inside and could be opened to improve airflow. They were regular items on non-pressurized Gustavs. Finally they rebuilt the GM-1-device which is clear from the “C3”-triangle.

As Luftwaffe was not happy with the cabin of the G-5s, at some later date it war ordered to dismantle the compressor for recycling. I do not know, whether the Baureihenbezeichnung of such aircraft was changed from G-5 to G-6. But I don’t think so, as in spite of lacking the compressor, the airframe itself remained different in many ways to G-6. As for Spechts aircraft, I’ll tend to the Baureihenbezeichnung ”G-5/U2 AS”. A moveable part of the canopy, very similar to the Erlahaube was developed for the pressurized Me 209 H. As the 209 H never appeared and late Bf 109 did not need this feature, IMHO it never got to series-production. AFAIK the few AS-engined Bf 109s which needed the pressurized cabin for some reason kept their old-style canopy.