Ice Eagle's Hanger

I hear over at SAS$ that its only a matter of a little time before it is released. So i guess we will let them do it. I think that is the right choice ICE. Nice that we here at AAS know whats right unlike them. It's a shame whats become of that place. :evil:

camm :|

Hi Gentlemen,

Sorry to come late (I missed, because on holidays), but glad to see everyone's Fairplay. If you allow me to give you my feeling..

You are all Gentlemen, and this is very nice and the most important thing !!! You did the good choice Ice !!! Big Grin 8)

I agree with you all, DM, Ton, Beo, Camm, Texx, we are here what I will define a Very Fair Community, which respects before everything the work of others. And according to me, this is an important value, this is the AAS Spirit.

Beo wrote he doesn't want to be like them, I would humbly add: AAS doesn't want to be like them, this way is not ours even if SA$$ continues to do what it does... (I mean offently hack and piracy for those who don't know).

I could quote here everybody as you have all wrote very good things, so to conclude:

Hates off to you Guys !!! !!!

[Image: hatoffwed.jpg]

Ted

PS: SA$$ made me laugh ;o)

Good to hear Ted Big Grin I like to add humor to all of this mess. 07 (salute)
Again, very happy to know that we guys at aas can stand for what is right despite what is happening with those S@$$-h0les over there. We can still do good here!!!

camm :mrgreen:

Yes! Here! Here! All well said! :Smile)

Thanks also to HistoMod team and everyone else also who hangs around these sites and gives their support by doing so!

It is good to celebrate decency more than they celebrate treachery!

To the whole good lot of you... Hip, Hip! Horray! :Smile)

Clinton

Definitely a good decision reached here. Good to see sense and decency prevailing.
The MIG 21 is definitely not dead. I guess the reason it has not yet been released is that it was not considered to be ready.

What I am sorry to see though is the continuing anti SAS rhetoric.
You do not see the equivalent rhetoric at SAS so why here?
In the words of the old saying "If you cant say anything good then don't say anything at all"

The suggestion that mods released at SAS are mainly pirated or hacks is obviously nonsense.
I would not suggest that it has never happened. Thats for others to argue. My perception is that it is a rare occurrence.
But it is obvious that a large volume of completely new mod releases do originate at SAS so why suggest otherwise.

Like I said initially, its good to see sense prevailing.
I hope it can continue.

Ashe

asheshouse Wrote:...
What I am sorry to see though is the continuing anti SAS rhetoric.
You do not see the equivalent rhetoric at SAS so why here?
In the words of the old saying "If you cant say anything good then don't say anything at all"

Hi Ashe, nice of you to drop in,

Personally I think you should be preaching this over there,
asheshouse Wrote:..."If you cant say anything good then don't say anything at all"

Have a look here;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34006

asheshouse Wrote:...The suggestion that mods released at SAS are mainly pirated or hacks is obviously nonsense.
I would not suggest that it has never happened. that's for others to argue. My perception is that it is a rare occurrence.

Well Ashe, others have a right to their own perception, it don't mean that your perception is the last word.

asheshouse Wrote:...But it is obvious that a large volume of completely new mod releases do originate at SAS so why suggest otherwise.

Well I would say that Free Modding has done a BIG lot in the short time they have been around with less FM team modders then what is / was over at SAS as SAS Team modders and am not talking just about mod members.

But I will say this Ashe, you see this thread here, its full of different peoples opinions yours as well, this kind of a thread would never stand over at SAS, if you think am joking then ask the people that have been banned or gotten warnings over at SAS for talking / posting their opinions on things like this here.

Deutschmark

sadly you've hit the nail 'right' on the head there, DM. :-?

Deutschmark -- Thanks for allowing me to air my comments. Rest assured, if I saw gratuitous anti-AAS rhetoric on SAS then I would comment there in a similar manner, but it is the case that over the last few months I have not seen any. Personally I see no problem with airing disagreements in threads, provided the parties remain reasonable in the way that comments are made and don't lapse into personal insults. Unfortunately it is all too often the case that some contributors cannot contain themselves. I guess that is what results in Moderators locking or removing threads. I can only guess at how difficult the moderators job is sometimes, never having done it myself.

Ashe

I think we forget quickly with all the nicknames, the people behind it!
We all have different ages, life experiences, current life circumstances! Then there is the anonymity that probably changed some behavior in public!
The reason for quarrels must therefore not always be the one pretending to be!

Quote:I think we forget quickly with all the nicknames, the people behind it!
We all have different ages, life experiences, current life circumstances! Then there is the anonymity that probably changed some behavior in public!

Yes, and then there's intolerance and mental disabilities which would be better the hands of those jobs!

Hate to be a party crapper but is this off-topic? :?:

asheshouse Wrote:Deutschmark -- Thanks for allowing me to air my comments. Rest assured, if I saw gratuitous anti-AAS rhetoric on SAS then I would comment there in a similar manner, but it is the case that over the last few months I have not seen any. Personally I see no problem with airing disagreements in threads, provided the parties remain reasonable in the way that comments are made and don't lapse into personal insults. Unfortunately it is all too often the case that some contributors cannot contain themselves. I guess that is what results in Moderators locking or removing threads. I can only guess at how difficult the moderators job is sometimes, never having done it myself.

Ashe

then you are either blind or can't read/see or there is some other odd problem. for they have been there. some still 'are' there...some were removed fairly quickly....but whether removed or not they were PUT THERE for the people they were directed against TO SEE and READ and KNOW that the BS has not stopped.

if you'd like, I can post many such snapshots for your preview.... but I don't have to, I think, for certainly you know they were there in the first place.

that's the main thing over there...bold deniability at all cost, even if caught red-handed. it is the trademark of the SAS, always has been, always will be. CirX started it, the current regime continues and magnifies it to the Nth degree. hell, I've got pm's to me personally where Anto has told me one thing in clear, concise and no uncertain terms...and then snapshots of public statements where he denied he ever said anything even close to the words he told me.

the same with BombsAway and others... they'll say 'one' thing here, then a complete flip-flop somewhere else. :lol: and I have the cold and utter truth of it from their own printed words.

don't for a second think I can't backup what I say.

:wink:

[Image: Facebook-Like-Button.jpg]

Beowolff -- Read my post again and you might realise that it is correct. Resorting to personal abuse does not advance your argument.

Ice Eagles initial posts speculated that the MIG21 project was dead and subsequent posts included anti-SAS rhetoric. My response, pointing out that the MIG project was still progressing and questioning whether it was right to post anti-SAS rhetoric was therefore entirely on-topic.

For info, I am neither blind nor unable to read.

Ashe

Well it's ICEEAGLES Hangar so anything he likes goes I guess.