Do you feel old now ...?

Uzin Wrote:Did I overlooked anything, or nobody mentioned LockOn and its variants ? Smile

Lock On has a lot of variants, and good mods ;o)

Beulenfan Wrote:Does anyone of you know B17 Flying Fortress 'The mighty 8th' ?

I had it too. I remember all my crew members had names of famous catchers !!! (Rob Van Damme, Triple H, The Rock...) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It was realistic as you could save one hurt crew member by healthing him quickly. I remember the damages were very detailed and nicely done...
It was a nice feature the crew management, the engine management, navigation, radio, weapons...

Ted

I renenber that one too .
Buller

There was a helicopter gunship game made by Microprose if I remember right (yes, I really am that old boo hoo hoo, no-one cares about geriatic simmers anymore... sob...)

I remember one mission across a desert where I was approaching a mountain (actually it was a pyramid, but these were the days when imagination didn't need huge mip-mapped 32 bit colour bump mapped imagery stretched across detailed height field s and DEM data). There was nothing in sight to stop me reaching the primary target (a supply column if I remember right) but for some reason I got spooked. So instead of carrying on I crept around the mountain the other side at low altitude, and a good job too, there was a Hind waiting to ambush me.

Never could get into F16 Falcon, but I remember enjoying F15 Strike Eagle III largely because with fire and forget harpoon missiles, Iraqi warships never stood a chance - I was landing at home base before the missile hit the ship (which of course it always did).

But it was with Red Baron and Aces of the Pacific that I cut my teeth in aerial derring do. Fabulous for their day. Mainly because the gameplay was superior to the graphics.

Gunship and Gunship 2000

They also made a tank game called Tank Platoon

and a World War 1 fighter game

Knights of the Sky

I had a game for my "Commodore 64" called Huey

and used to play one on my college roomate's Apple II e called Gato..which was a submarine game tat was loads of fun.

I also had...LHX...another attack helicopter game which was a blast to play...got to fly everything from the AH 64 to the V-22 Osprey to the LHX.

I remember THUNDERHAWK !! :mrgreen:

I remember the 5 disks that you had to boot before playing. I was very young so I only remember a few details such as the voice of the general during briefing...

Dude, that was a long time ago !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX98mRNNw8w

Ted Tongue