Valve allows PC game-sharing via Steam

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24063613

Quote:Valve is to let Steam users share the video games with friends and family members.

The Family Sharing initiative will let a user of the Steam service share their library of games across up to 10 other devices.

Other people will be able to play the titles, store their own saved games and earn their own in-game achievements.

Valve said a small scale trial of the sharing system would start in mid-September.

By introducing the sharing facility Valve may make its service appear more attractive than that of rivals such as Gog, Desura and Electronic Art's Origin.

However, it could also impact sales if people who would otherwise have bought their own copy now decide to share someone else's.

To address this risk Valve will prevent more than one person being able to play the same purchase of a title at the same time.

Industry watchers say that if the move proves popular other online marketplaces may follow.

Not a bad idea in my opinion, but I here people are complaining not because it doesn't work but because as usual Valve / Steam haven't explain it to people.
People are sharing games thinking that they can play together, but you can't play the same games at the same time. So then some people have gone and tried to buy the game again thinking that it would get around that problem only to find that steam will not let you buy the same game twice. So there now bitching that Valve / Steam is ripping them off with this game-sharing.

I can't even log on to Steam. That stupid hieroglyphic password thing is indecipherable. Not that I'm bitching, you understand.

caldrail Wrote:I can't even log on to Steam. That stupid hieroglyphic password thing is indecipherable. Not that I'm bitching, you understand.

Do you mean "Steam Guard Account Security" crap...? :evil:

If so then turn that crap off NOW lol. :twisted:

It can be a right pain in the ass, if you change / upgrade certain things on your computer it can make Steam think your logging on from a different computer. I know it happened to me once when I reinstalled windows.