Il2 1946 trailer contest

Hi,

I started this topic on the official DT forum, but nobody want to participate... I think it could be great to have a new trailer for Il2 1946, the best WWII simulator of the moment. With 4.12m, we have a lot of new effect that we don't have in the old trailer.
If you have something to record gameplay and make montage, you can participate to the small contest.
That's the rules :

1. Play in 4.12m only (no mods)
2. Play the game in Max graphic
3. You can add music in the video, but not a music that doesn't have sense...
4. In the video, you need to put DT logo, 1C logo, Ubisoft logo and Il2 1946 logo
5. You can add text in the trailer like "the best sim in the world introduce v.4.12m" or other things like that.
6. You can add voice (no commentary, but radio voice of WWII (real or custom -->created by you with software))
7. The video can show a story or random moment like normal trailer.
8. In the title of the video, you need to put TC for "trailer constest"

When I will have some video, I will close the contest and we will be able to vote for the best trailer.
The WINNER will have to share the video to DT to put this on the official DT channel on Youtube.
The WINNER will be able to change the name of the video on youtube (on his own channel) to put "Il2 1946 Official Trailer (2013)"

The other video will be available on youtube as Trailer #2, #3, etc

Hope some of you will participate Smile

thx a lot

Quote:That's the rules :

1. Play in 4.12m only (no mods)

Why without mods?

nic1 Wrote:Hi,
I started this topic on the official DT forum, but nobody want to participate...

Take a step back and look at something here...
You did this over at the TD forum and from the looks of it you what to high light TD's work but yet no one jumped on to do it, now you come to a modding site, and I think what am about to say would also go for all other modding sites, but you say in the rules ( No mods ) do you really think that will go over at any modding site, really! Think about it.

nic1 Wrote:I think it could be great to have a new trailer for Il2 1946,

If you are so up on having a new trailer that high lights TD's work, then by all means make one!!!, but don't try getting other people to do work for you by covering it over with the name ( contest ) and the way you want it done by covering that over with the name ( rules ).

I will put these two together;
nic1 Wrote:we have a lot of new effect that we don't have in the old trailer.
nic1 Wrote:1. Play in 4.12m only (no mods)

Well now hold on here... What do you think TD does to the IL2 1946 stock game? They mod it, plain and simple, the only think is TD is the official modding team for IL2 1946, so even from TD your game is being played with mods, TD mods.

nic1 Wrote:3. You can add music in the video, but not a music that doesn't have sense...

Well people have many different taste in music, so you best tell them what you are looking for in this video you would like them to make for you.

I will put these two together;
nic1 Wrote:4. In the video, you need to put DT logo, 1C logo, Ubisoft logo and Il2 1946 logo
nic1 Wrote:The WINNER will have to share the video to DT to put this on the official DT channel on Youtube.

Sorry to say this but it really sound like ( you ) are trying to make brownie points with TD at the expense of other peoples works, IMO that's they way this whole thing comes off sounding to me.

nic1 Wrote:Hope some of you will participate Smile

I may be wrong at this, but I will give you a tip, do not hold your breath.

nic1 Wrote:thx a lot

Your welcome a lot.
Deutschmark

...nine hits = 9 times bump!!!

DM, thank you!

Sorry all.

I thought it was a great idea to have a new trailer... Sad

nic1 Wrote:Sorry all.
I thought it was a great idea to have a new trailer... Sad

Nic, its not that it is a bad idea to have a new trailer to high light 4.12, its they way your going about it that is not correct, if it was me I would be looking for some people that would be interested in helping me get a video made, not trying to cover it over as a contest to get one made, so think of it that way at lease people will know what they are getting into right from the start.

Deutschmark

and ... I would not act like a schoolmaster and determine the rules so tight and uncompromising.

Regards, Gerhard

bomberkiller Wrote:and ... I would not act like a schoolmaster and determine the rules so tight and uncompromising.

Regards, Gerhard

right... he's offering NOTHING of any value to people then putting huge restraints/constraints upon them to do something for HIM for FREE.

:-?

does this make any sense at all? d'oh! :roll:

I think this "contest" is basically a good idea and sure I would like to make a trailer for my beloved game, but such initiative must come from official team administration with very well planed/defined guidelines. There are some implications that must be kept in mind since we're talking about something that eventually could be associated to a commercial product.
I mean, for example, the soundtrack (copyrights). Also, I agree that third party mods should not be allowed since they are not "official" content, etc.
Perhaps the subject deserves a more careful approach... :roll:

Good thoughts there Oscarito very good. Smile

Deutschmark

A bunch of people have made YouTube videos of their flying in the sim of the latest patch. In total, IL-2 1946 probably has been the subject of thousands of videos across different websites.

A well made video is generally welcome if done right, so go make one that's personalized. I'd be glad to watch it and comment on it. Flight sim videos get my attention. Big Grin

Clinton

Ok do i win ?

[Image: 0420Wabash20401959.jpg]

Sorry guys I just could not pass this up. Smile

That's to funny :lol:
When I got up and seen that I started to :lol:
Thanks skyomish for starting my day off with a :lol: 8)

Deutschmark

Yeah, that's putting the trailer before the truck! :lol:

Good one.

Clinton

Quote:Ok do i win ?

Hi skyomish,

yes, for me you won! Big Grin

Gerhard