Canvas Knights Public Beta2 Discussion Thread

Man that was a lot of fun had a great time dogfighting you Jambo and felon, I like how the dogfights last some time, hope you got some good video of that felon, Clinton I seen you where in the server but I did not get you in my view, we should do this every Friday it was a whole lot of fun Big Grin

Deutschmark

I enjoyed it myself what time I had to engage you.
I forgot my camera but I still have last time just not
uploaded to YouTube yet. Takes me 35 mins to upload a 5 min vid.

I'll film next time when we're all 4 in the server.
Till then...

Regards,
~S~
felon

And once again here is some another promo shots done by darkfall 45 over at M4T Big Grin

[Image: fokkerveltjensA.jpg]
[Image: fokkerveltjensB.jpg]
[Image: fokkerveltjensC.jpg]
[Image: fokkerveltjensD.jpg]

Thank you again darkfall they look GREAT! Big Grin
Deutschmark

Gentlemen,

I downloaded a copy of Canvas Knights a couple of weeks ago and for some stupid reason I could not get the game to recognize my Saitek joystick. I fiddled around with settings and options and I just couldn't solve the problem and the aircraft was unflyable. I just assumed that this was another game that I would not be playing. But my friend Darkfall45 at Mission4Today and Deutschmark kept posting such great images from the game that I started feeling left out of all of the fun Cry . So last night I uninstalled the 1st attempt, re-down loaded and reinstalled the game and got it working...not sure what happened the first time, but the 2nd time it went in flawlessly! :Smile)

This game is beautiful, responsive, fun . . . there are extra aircraft, extra skins, ... all the extras you are use to in Il2. I played for about 2 hours last night, which is very unusual for me. I might even try to play this on-line.... another first for me..... You owe it to yourselves to check out Deutschmark's work on Canvas Knights.

Marvelous job, Deutschmark... Thank you for the effort you have put into this.

Hey RedSpade,

That's really good to hear - glad to know that you got it going after a little persistence. Big Grin

For anyone reading, joystick must be plugged into PC first, start CK, and you might need to push the "J" key to turn your joystick ON or OFF.

Here is a list of present tutorials:
viewforum.php?f=150

I am working on another tutorial right now which will be English and multi-lingual captions on the screen.

Anyway... maybe you would like to join us on Fridays, 3:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time in the USA) for our weekly online combat, huh RedSpade? That's early evening in Western Europe so we also get Euro guys in there, too! Big Grin

Clinton

RedSpade Wrote:Gentlemen,

I downloaded a copy of Canvas Knights a couple of weeks ago and for some stupid reason I could not get the game to recognize my Saitek joystick. I fiddled around with settings and options and I just couldn't solve the problem and the aircraft was unflyable. I just assumed that this was another game that I would not be playing. But my friend Darkfall45 at Mission4Today and Deutschmark kept posting such great images from the game that I started feeling left out of all of the fun Cry . So last night I uninstalled the 1st attempt, re-down loaded and reinstalled the game and got it working...not sure what happened the first time, but the 2nd time it went in flawlessly! :Smile)

This game is beautiful, responsive, fun . . . there are extra aircraft, extra skins, ... all the extras you are use to in Il2. I played for about 2 hours last night, which is very unusual for me. I might even try to play this on-line.... another first for me..... You owe it to yourselves to check out Deutschmark's work on Canvas Knights.

Marvelous job, Deutschmark... Thank you for the effort you have put into this.

Hi RedSpade,

On behalf of all that had a part in the making of CK I would like to say thank you for your kind words and we are glad you are enjoying the game.

A few of us have been getting together online on Fridays at 3:00 EST USA that 9:00 = 21:00 German time, you are very welcome to join us look for the info in the ( how to use the game ) folder in your game on how to use chat in online game, it will help so we can talk, if you turn on speech in your game settings options the game will talk the chat to you.
Its a whole lot of fun dogfighting with real people online so come give it a try.

Deutschmark

And they keep on coming from the screen shot art works of darkfall 45 over at M4T here is
( The Brothers ) Lothar and Manfred von. Richthofen.

[Image: TheBrothersM4T.jpg]

Thank you darkfall for your great screen shot art works Big Grin
Deutschmark

And from darkfall 45 over at M4T here is his Rockwell SPAD 13.

[Image: Spad13RockwellM4T.jpg]

Thank you again darkfall Big Grin
Deutschmark

And more from darkfall 45 over at M4T here is two more Rockwell SPAD 13.

[Image: Spad13RockM4TA.jpg]
[Image: Spad13RockM4TB.jpg]

Thank you once again darkfall for you great screen shot art works Big Grin
Deutschmark

Just a note here, if anyone has problems with the Friday get together flying time
and wants to fly, PM me and I'll more than likely be able to fly with you at your
convenience. I'd like to fly a bit more against someone anyway.

Regards,
~S~
felon

I am going to try and be there this Friday, I may be a little late only because I have a B-day party to go to a 3:00 my time and not sure what time I will be home, I hope before 9:00 21:00 my time then I will be on the server.

Deutschmark

Like I've been told over and over and over by my missus, there's a real world out there.
Okay DM, thanks for the heads up. Go and enjoy yourself.

Regards,
~S~
felon

And yes they keep on coming from the screen shot art works of darkfall 45 over at M4T here is Wilfred A Curtis A flight Camel.

[Image: CamelCurtisM4TA.jpg]
[Image: CamelCurtisM4TB.jpg]

Thank you so much again darkfall Big Grin
Deutschmark

I'm wondering, well I have a question.
When one does not have, or they turn their joystick off using the "J " key
Does one control the plane with their mouse?

How do they fire their weapons or drop ordinance?

Just satisfying my thirst for knowledge.

Regards,
~S~
felon

Yes you would control the plane with your mouse and for throttle up its the 6 key and down is the 5 key.

For guns and picking of your weapons you would need to reassign a key for each on your keyboard in the buttons tab/ buttons assignments.

Deutschmark