STALINGRAD SUMMER retextured, retowned, revillaged

[Image: 0000main_back.jpg]

[Image: 0000_Voroponovo.jpg]

[Image: 2014_03_30_20_04_35.jpg]

[Image: 2014_02_15_01_47_20.jpg]

trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO6fgLS ... e=youtu.be

Hi pilots!
One year of hard work is over and I can publish new repainted map.
When I decided for this map, I asked myself: What are typical events for Stalingrad/Volgograd landscape?
1.Disappearing and appearing rivers with many turnes, dry riverbads
2.Typical russian urbanism
3.Swamps and delta rivers
4.Kalach sands
5.Brights white sands on Volga´s and Don´s coasts
6.Few woods and trees generally

So:
Dry riverbads are taken from Luftwaffe´s historical photos, but their location aren´t historical, because I had to use the same textutes for Kalach, Stalingrad, Abganerovo and so one. So-I had one idea: created landscape with atmosphere from this big area.
Airfields - Pitomnik - we have deafult airfield in area, where was Voroponovo, so I reconstructed Voroponovo airfield by historical photos and Pitomnik is next airfield done by BOS. We haven´t any air photo of Pitomnik, we know something about two concrete runways, radar and lighthouse - that´s all.
Stalingradski - little airfield near Mamayev kurgan - it has own texture
Karpovka airfield - Hans Ulrich Rudel wrote - there was open space airfield without any chance for masking and every hinterland and headquoters were under ground - so I did it this way.
And so one and so one.....
I created very soft BumpH files, so you can see this effect around noon, early morning it is only little.

YOU DON´T NEED ANY NEXT MOD FOR INSTALATION THIS MAP!

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i0p8m8...mer_RRR.7z

Big thanks for everybody who helped me with historical events, dokumentation and location in WIP discussion!

Last thing: I´m not good creator of ed_01.tga map.
So I did something like beta version, could anybody make it? Thank you.

Very nice cyberolas Big Grin
Thank you.

Deutschmark

Great and hard stuff Cyberolas !

Thanks for sharing, the textures are gorgeous, detailed and realistic !!! 8) 8) 8)

Ted Big Grin