CK's Southern France Map WIP

Hi All!
Here is some screenies from my new scenery for CK. It is quite big map of Southern parts of Europe. I will not make it realistic. It has almost everything. Large open areas. Hillsides, even Alps.
To be honest, i don't know which countries are included in real world.
I have populated map with generated villages. It is not a resourse hog . I have made this with my old rig, which is quite modest.
i tested it also with my new win 8 laptop. And it works like a charm.

I have already made few houses and some other stuff for this map and of course all the other sceneryrymakers too.

As soon as i have corrected all the missmatches, i will upload map to everyone.

sorry about my english...

Kapteeni

Screenshots:
[Image: CK_Mod_Missions_Vehicles2014-10-2818-56-12-88.jpg]
[Image: CK_Mod_Missions_Vehicles2014-10-2818-56-02-08.jpg]
[Image: CK_Mod_Missions_Vehicles2014-10-2818-55-56-09.jpg]
[Image: CK_Mod_Missions_Vehicles2014-10-2818-55-14-18.jpg]

kapteeni Wrote:Here is some screenies from my new scenery for CK.....I will not make it realistic.

Why not?
At lease put the airfields and sea ports in the right places to start with so that mission makers can make good missions for the map.

kapteeni Wrote:To be honest, i don't know which countries are included in real world.

You should be able to find out by going in game and bring up the map with M key then zoom out and see where it sits in the world then go here and match it up https://www.google.com/maps/@48.5712561 ... 4,6z?hl=en to where it fits in and that will tell you what is there, its a little work but worth it to know where to go about placing things.

I like the look of the ground so far and the little villages, will you be putting in sand edge's at the waterfront, trees, roads, train tracks, a front mud line and AA guns?

Deutschmark

Looks Great! Big Grin

Deutschmark Wrote:
kapteeni Wrote:Here is some screenies from my new scenery for CK.....I will not make it realistic.

Why not?
At lease put the airfields and sea ports in the right places to start with so that mission makers can make good missions for the map.

kapteeni Wrote:To be honest, i don't know which countries are included in real world.

You should be able to find out by going in game and bring up the map with M key then zoom out and see where it sits in the world then go here and match it up https://www.google.com/maps/@48.5712561 ... 4,6z?hl=en to where it fits in and that will tell you what is there, its a little work but worth it to know where to go about placing things.

I like the look of the ground so far and the little villages, will you be putting in sand edge's at the waterfront, trees, roads, train tracks, a front mud line and AA guns?

Deutschmark
Hahha! It should been SOUTH French! I have also North France in making..

I Will try to add some new textures, but it is difficult to adjust thm right. Also i will edit the general fileset. It has cityblocks and they look great at lowlands, but in hills they apear above ground...
It is not a big thing since from air they look alright, but...
About real locations:
There were no major fights on that area i believe..
So this is gonna be a general WW1 map for land/airbattles. There is no water since it is pretty impossible make rivers due high altitue. At least for me.

Seems like water is only available at sealevel...

I will add railroads for quite small area and make a fictious frontline plus i will add ground activity. oving cars and tanks plus of course AA and planes.

I just need a tutorial for robots. Do they need to be vehicles?

BTW.
I just notised that city textures can be add from pictures.

There is so muct to do and i need to go to work too.....bloody real life..

Kapteeni

Hi Kapteeni

Nice to read your back, and glad to see your new project... amazing and looks great so far ;o)

Keep it up the good stuff ;o)

Ted

Hi Kap,

First man, take your time it don't need to be done in a week :wink:

( I Will try to add some new textures, but it is difficult to adjust thm right )

If the map tool will not allow you to move it to just where you want it you can go into the file it self and adjust the numbers there.

( It has cityblocks and they look great at lowlands, but in hills they apear above ground )

You need to make a platform for uneven ground and texture it like ground and put that into the ground under the cityblocks that are on a hill or use the digging tool to flatten out that part of the ground.

( There is no water since it is pretty impossible make rivers due high altitue. At least for me.)

You can make rivers but it takes some doing, again with the digging tool you need to dig out the river then from both sides of it bevel out the land so it slops into the river gradually.

( I just need a tutorial for robots. Do they need to be vehicles? )

No they are not vehicles they are map object robots;

This is when they where put into VSF version 2.3.5
•Scenery robots added with new scripting language defined inside robot_readme.txt file.

So look in your VSF for the robot_readme.txt file.

Deutschmark

Tervetuloa takaisin Kapteeni! 8)

I do hope it is correct? Welcome back! Big Grin

This is an awesome looking map of yours Kapteeni!
Hills, mountains, valleys -> WOW! :Smile)
Would be really great to have it in Canvas Knights.

Thank you very much for sharing these pictures with us Kapteeni. S!

Jambo Big Grin

Hi all!
Here is a big Basic scenery of Southern England Channel And big part of French .
It has Basic textures
Northeast and Thames river plus some other areas needs fixing with matrix editor.

This not a final map. I just merged to geotiffs together and made a big map.

I icluded geotiff too, if somebody wants to make smaller scenery.

Screens:
[Image: area-1.jpg]
[Image: VSF_CK_Map_Vehicle_Panel2014-10-2911-17-16-76.jpg]
[Image: VSF_CK_Map_Vehicle_Panel2014-10-2911-13-58-21.jpg]

Kapteeni

Hi Kap,

I removed the link till you can get a few airfields on it to start with so people can use the CK exe's to play on it, the CK_Map_Vehicle_Panel".exe is not for playing the CK game.

Deutschmark

Hi Kapteeni !!

Wonderfull work you did there !!!

Can't wait to fly over that map !!!! It will be very nice for my next screenies ;o)

May I give you a suggestion ?

Could you PLEAAAAASE make a base at BUC (near Versailles) as it was 3 bases in the early 1900's : first used by Blériot, second by Farman, and third by Santos Dumont.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9buts...s_Yvelines

Buc is here : 48.771756, 2.122964

It would be so niiiiiice ;o)

Ted ;o)

I moved map to Vehicle simulator forum:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=34677
You can post suggestions about area and other things there.
And after that, map will be back here.
So far it is only for VSF...
Sorry!
Kapteeni

Perhaps this thread should be in CK WIP section.....

Jambo Wrote:Tervetuloa takaisin Kapteeni! 8)

I do hope it is correct? Welcome back! Big Grin

This is an awesome looking map of yours Kapteeni!
Hills, mountains, valleys -> WOW! :Smile)
Would be really great to have it in Canvas Knights.

Thank you very much for sharing these pictures with us Kapteeni. S!

Jambo Big Grin

Your finnish was absolutely correct!

I have just learning to make maps. I just made a Patch texturetest for cities and villages. Every town and village and even big city can have a own patchtexture with streets and parks.

Also i can make new trees for autumn and winter too....

Next big thing is to make AI-objects move. Like sodiers and lowpoly trains and balloons+artillery...
Kapteeni

kapteeni Wrote:Perhaps this thread should be in CK WIP section.....

Hi Kap, I put it here in your WIP thread.
Take your time on it Kap!, you know the old saying... good things take time :wink:

Deutschmark

I know.. I'm just learning.... Compared to IL2 mapmaking, this in away easier, but because possibilities are endless, i need to calm down and think.

First version will have one battlefield and few airfields plus simple railway/road system.

I will concentrate to hilly area, because it is so beautifull.

Now i'm busy to make accurate houses and making city/villagepatches (textures with streets and roads).
Making them will take time. Modelling is not the problem. They just need to be as good as possible with low polycount.
And that is all about texturing. Finding and editing those will take time.

I will post screeshots and renders ASAP.

Kapteeni