CK's Southern France Map WIP

Have a look in the CK ground objects pack there are many buildings for Europe in there;
viewforum.php?f=200
And I think I even have more just not got around to packing them up and posting them yet.

And above all take your time Kap, the CK stock map took 6 months to get it to where you see it.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Have a look in the CK ground objects pack there are many buildings for Europe in there;
viewforum.php?f=200
And I think I even have more just not got around to packing them up and posting them yet.

And above all take your time Kap, the CK stock map took 6 months to get it to where you see it.

Deutschmark
It took about one year to make Karelia map for Il-2....
I remember populating Leningrad city 6 weeks .2 hours/day. Plus another dude, Agracier did even more....

I think that with all the availble objects an few mine, i can make better maps for CK. Better than Karelia i mean.

My aim is to make something for the christmas and then add more content later.
We'll see how it goes!
Kapteeni

Nice

Just a small update. I have been trying to learn mapmaking. noe i have 2 weeks off the work and i can actually do something.
Will post screenies ASAP.
Kap

BTW. I Have made area even bigger. It is huge, but still works flawlesly on my old desktop.
And it is now France. it covers pretty much the westfront from channel to Switzerland. and beyound.

I have also learned how to make sc. robots like AI-ships sailin on route and planes takin off and flying aroound.
My 3d modelling skills are Limited, but....

what i really like to learn is to make a real flying plane. or car. i have been browsing vehicle simulators forums, but there are no step By step tutorials.

Well, the map will take at least 2-4 months.

i will upload some test versions before final version. Maybe something before christmas.
we'll see

kap

Hi Kap,

When I started back in the old MF days I started with ground vehicles ( cars ) they have less moving parts then a plane plus with CK there is also damage model on top of it now, when you are ready make a ground vehicle of some kind send it to me I will set it up for you and send it back so you can open it in your 3D program and see how its all done, that is what was done for me way back when I first started.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Hi Kap,

When I started back in the old MF days I started with ground vehicles ( cars ) they have less moving parts then a plane plus with CK there is also damage model on top of it now, when you are ready make a ground vehicle of some kind send it to me I will set it up for you and send it back so you can open it in your 3D program and see how its all done, that is what was done for me way back when I first started.

Deutschmark
Cool. After i have done Basic map, i will make a ww1 period car, which i will send to you. It will take some time. map is now number 1 at my to do list.

I've been struggling with auto-objects.. Those are objects related to textures.
I did a huge template an it looked otherwise good, but there were houses above ground.

Now i need new tile template.. The thing is that i need to make many back ups , small parts of each texture at the time and combine them after the whole texture is populated.
By copy/paste whole thing generates duplicates existing objects.

I can' t figure how else to make it.

Belgium and France were quite urban countries even 100 years ago. Heaps of small villages and towns plus bigger cities, which i will not do.

I quess i use 2 or 3 templates for those.

The thing is that only can work about 2 hours/day at the most....

Missus is not happy if i "do that stupid map again" ...

Kap

Hi Kap,

Look here;
http://www.hangsim.com/vsf/objects.php

Its all right below the long list in yellow.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Hi Kap,

Look here;
http://www.hangsim.com/vsf/objects.php

Its all right below the long list in yellow.

Deutschmark
I did read that.

There is many interresting objectctypes that i have not tried,
I have made templates for airfields an villages. I will use that method too
First thing first. I will try to make auto object set as good as possible with as few objects as possible.

Kap