Using auto-object tool

I have been trying to populate my North Spain with Autoobject tool/Generated objects...
It works fine, but generated objects always appears to sea too. And the texture that i'm using is always above sealevel... Can't figure this out.. couldn't found any tutus either for that at VSF.
Somehow i can't register to official VSF forums...That's why i'm asking help here..
kap

Hi Kap, I e-mailed with the developer to come look at this
As soon as I get something back from him I will post it here
Unless someone else can give you help.

Deutschmark

Make sure you use a sand tile to cover all your coastline when using the auto pop makes it go way out in the water. if you don't then it will show things in the water. I very seldome use it for that reason I use the relitive files to make towns and villages and use the absolute files for bigger stuff such as large cities and seaports.

RAF209_Python Wrote:Make sure you use a sand tile to cover all your coastline when using the auto pop makes it go way out in the water. if you don't then it will show things in the water. I very seldome use it for that reason I use the relitive files to make towns and villages and use the absolute files for bigger stuff such as large cities and seaports.
That must be it then. It is bug... that needs to be solve out.
Kap

it is not a bug when you use auto pop without the sand tiles your land tiles end up going into the water you need a sand tile to give you a border around your land and that will stop object from going into the water as there will not be any land tiles there.

Hi Kap, here is the e-mail I just got back from the developer on this;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When making a scenery make sure to use different texture names for underwater, for example instead of sand.jpg use sand_bottom.jpg for elevations below 0 and sand.jpg for elevations above, the auto generated objects are generated using the texture names, so if there is sand above and sand below there will not be a difference, and you will get objects underwater also, this mechanism was created to allow underwater objects like corals and sea weeds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps
Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Hi Kap, here is the e-mail I just got back from the developer on this;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When making a scenery make sure to use different texture names for underwater, for example instead of sand.jpg use sand_bottom.jpg for elevations below 0 and sand.jpg for elevations above, the auto generated objects are generated using the texture names, so if there is sand above and sand below there will not be a difference, and you will get objects underwater also, this mechanism was created to allow underwater objects like corals and sea weeds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps
Deutschmark
Thank's!
Will try that ASAP.
Kap