How about a CK feedback forum?

I purchased the game a few days ago, and don't get me wrong, I understand this is an indie game, but I do have some qualms.

The game is mostly playable, but I seem to get structural failures often, especially when flying a Camel and Dr1, whenever I try a tight turn the wings simply fall off.

Of course, I know you'll intend some improvements over time, but this I find a serious issue that needs to be address.

Anyhow I think it will be good to take feedback from people over time, and we can help iron out any bugs or flaws with the game.

Hi Dogz,

Let me show you something...
In just tight turning the wings do not fall off on the Camel and Fokker Dr1!
[Image: CAMHGB.jpg]
[Image: CAMHGA.jpg]

I am doing the hardest tight turn that they can do, I have the elevators to their fullest and I am pulling 3.9Gs with the Fokker and 3.1Gs with the Camel and the wings stay on just fine, But if you put them both in a power dive and pull back on the stick to hard YES! the wings will fail and fall off and you will hear the wood groan before it breaks giving you time to let off the stick and not have wing failure.

dogz Wrote:The game is mostly playable,
The CK game is fully playable!

dogz Wrote:How about a CK feedback forum?
Your in it we call it the Canvas Knights General Discussion forum.

Deutschmark

I don't see my wings breaking when flying tight turn.. And I did better than Deutschmark :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Have a look:
5.1 Gs
[Image: 443279CamelGs1.jpg]

3.8 Gs
[Image: 887746CamelGs2.jpg]

5.3 Gs
[Image: 456159CamelGs3.jpg]

4.9 Gs
[Image: 945355CamelGs5.jpg]

Arrow Arrow Deutschmark's Factory worked well...

As for the Dr1, have a look !

3.9 Gs
[Image: 528226DR1Gs1.jpg]

4.7 Gs
[Image: 412000DR1Gs2.jpg]

5.3 Gs
[Image: 964253DR1Gs3.jpg]

5.3 Gs
[Image: 946528DR1Gs5.jpg]

I did a hard turn at 5.8 Gs, but one time my wings broke at 5.5 after a hard dive and a hard recovering, and another time at 5.9 in the same conditions. I am sure I have seen a 6Gs, but I was not able to do a screenshot... and the plane crashed :lol: :lol: :lol:

So for me it is OK, both planes fly well !!!

Ted

EDIT BTW, I like to see the wings breaking, it reminds me the good old times of Red Baron 3D... And it is very realistic to see your plans wings breaking when you are flying to hard with your plane :twisted: :twisted: You always need to remember the limits of your planes, especially during a dogfight !!! 8)

I was talking to the KK guys last night and they more or less said the same thing, so I guess I can give it some practice, but I could swear it even happens when flying level at full throttle.

In Rise Of Flight you can rip your wings off usually if you do a hard turn or pull up abruptly after power dive, even in Red Baron AFM and redux, but this seems a bit too sensitive for me. I even remember Richthofen Skies it wasn't as bad. But the creaky noises is a good hint.

Besides this, KK mentioned they go on-line sometimes, so I asked for an IP address next time they will try. Be nice if we had metaservers or some kind of system like that.

dogz Wrote:I was talking to the KK guys last night and they more or less said the same thing, so I guess I can give it some practice, but I could swear it even happens when flying level at full throttle.

Dogz,
The KK's fly RB3D NFM and that is like flying a arcade flight model where nothing can happen to you no matter what you do with your plane...
The CK planes do not fall apart when flying level at full throttle... you must be sadly mistaken!

dogz Wrote:In Rise Of Flight you can rip your wings off usually if you do a hard turn or pull up abruptly after power dive, even in Red Baron AFM and redux, but this seems a bit too sensitive for me. I even remember Richthofen Skies it wasn't as bad. But the creaky noises is a good hint.

( sensitive ) You mean to try tell us all that them photos above pulling the Gs they are pulling are to sensitive... come on get real!

dogz Wrote:Besides this, KK mentioned they go on-line sometimes, so I asked for an IP address next time they will try. Be nice if we had metaservers or some kind of system like that.

There is a CK game server up 24/7 for going online anytime that I maintain.

Deutschmark

S! Gents,

Games are all different. RedBaron can be played in two modes NFM and AFM. CK has only one mode: AFM = Authentic Flight Model.

As a bonus CK includes all sorts of vehicles you dont find in other WW1 games.

If you play a game and keep comparing it to other games, you will never be satisfied and happy.

Also there is a learning time associated to any game. If you give up too fast, you will never enjoy it.

KK_deDeville

dogz Wrote:I was talking to the KK guys last night and they more or less said the same thing, so I guess I can give it some practice, but I could swear it even happens when flying level at full throttle.

In Rise Of Flight you can rip your wings off usually if you do a hard turn or pull up abruptly after power dive, even in Red Baron AFM and redux, but this seems a bit too sensitive for me. I even remember Richthofen Skies it wasn't as bad. But the creaky noises is a good hint.

Besides this, KK mentioned they go on-line sometimes, so I asked for an IP address next time they will try. Be nice if we had metaservers or some kind of system like that.

I found your remarks very interesting, dogz. I decided to try both planes in question. I flew both planes at full throttle from take off through straight and level and then to some very wild maneuvers hoping to tear the wings off and in all sincerity, I could not replicate your problem. Then I went back and tried different aircraft and still could not reproduce what you describe. I would love to help you solve your problem because I’m enjoying the heck out of CK. I am basically a 109 driver so flying a string bag has been somewhat of a challenge for me, but I mastered it so I know you can. Big Grin

dogz,

You've not listed any parameters in which these things happen to you - can you list the figures at which point these problems kick in? - better yet would be if you could record the problem & post ... with Fraps or similar.

Don't get me wrong fellas, I really don't mean this any of this as a complaint, especially considering all the work required by you guys.

I tried again earlier today and flew with more success than the first attempt, last time I ripped my wings off the dive wasn't very steep though, maybe 20 or 30 degree from the horizon at full throttle, but I've learnt to take the creaking noise as a hint too. Then again, perhaps I was being heavy handed again.

Still, I feel most other sims in this field are more forgiving, so it does seem to be personal prefference as well.

Dogz,
Post a video to show us all then, Fraps is a free video program and to bring up the HUD in CK its ( control + H ) keys.

Till then I will consider this a non issue where no one else is having this issue in any way.
I normally go out of my way to help in any issues with CK, but this is just a blanket statement with nothing to back it up, no video or screen shots to back it up and on a issue like your talking about here others would be having it also but all the post above are to the contrary and no one else has brought this issue up not even once.

Deutschmark

Smile

Hi,

I did a little reading about WW1 fighters. The pilots were always concerned about material fatigue in the kites. They really wanted to avoid 3-5 G turns because massive structural failure could happen even in weaker turns. Every aircraft was a bit different in handling and structural integrity for a variety of reasons.

Another way to look at it is that pilots weren't comparing their aircraft to another simulation but watching and listening carefully to their own plane because their life depended on it. A pilot only hoped beyond that for adequate previous repairs to the plane.

Anyway... this is a very interesting discussion. Big Grin

Clinton