Saitek - Cyborg Graphite

Hello, guys

I recently went to a thrift store and much to my delight I saw a Saitek joystick for sale on the shelf. It felt like I was a little girl feeling, "Oh! My! God!" Confusedhock:

So... with eyes wide open and jaw finally managing to close, I reached gently for the stick. Wow! It is in nearly perfect condition on the outside! It looks and feels as though somebody barely used it!

I got this old but nice joystick for $ 2.99 plus tax, which is a little more than we pay for a gallon of milk ( OMG ! ) I actually prayed for a good stick at a reasonable price not too long ago.

When I did a little research, I discovered online that it is approximately a 9 or 10 year old model (2005 - 2006) and had a retail price of $ 93.50
Someone was selling one "out the box new" which he claimed had never been used for $ 113.00

It must be a Windows XP era mid-range quality stick. I am still in amazement at my good fortune. My Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro which I had for years finally had too many problems to fix for such a low range stick, so I was looking for another one. Wow!

Today I will see if the stick works with my Windows 7 rig. I am concerned about driver issues, but I can probably download the Win7 driver from the Saitek website.

Wish me well! Smile

Clinton

Good luck my friend! I do wish you well! Big Grin
A great bargain! Have a lot of fun and joy with it!

Jambo Big Grin

Now I got a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro! I got it at the same place - The Salvation Army thrift store - where I bought the Saitek. The Logitech was new in the box! It was as if some hobby shop couldn't sell it and donated it to The Salvation Army. Inside the box were all the components, such as the software disc, which looked like they had never been used. Everything was wrapped and packaged like a new item. The sticker price was $2.99, which is about the cost of a gallon of milk, but the thrift store had a 50% off sale, so I got a NEW joystick for only $1.50 ! (About the cost of a candy bar in the USA). My prayers were answered and then some! Big Grin

The Saitek does not have a twist / rudder control, so I would need a set of floor pedals to work the rudder, but I have a very nice joystick there when I do get them. Big Grin

WOW!!! what a bargain you got there! Big Grin
I remember when I got my new in the box MS Sidewinder just 2 years ago at a small flee mart in my village for 5 Euro.

Deutschmark

Big Grin

Yeah, its feel wonderful, doesn't it?

My old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro was years old and worn to the point of malfunctions while flying, so I kept waiting and looking for a replacement which was lost cost and I got two of them!

We can get bargains if we put ourselves in the position to find them. Next, I will be looking for floor pedals so I can use the Saitek and peripheral things like an external monitor. I would like to have a good gaming laptop within 1 year from now (with a high end dedicated graphics card).