No skins?

I have had to re install Canvas Knights due to a reformat and reload of Windows 10 on my PC. During the process I downloaded the program from here and tried to unzip it and got an error message and the process aborted. I downloaded 7 zip and that did unzip the program with 2 errors. The first was "unexpected end of file" and the second was that the Spad was corrupted. The program seems to work and I entered my purchase code into it. Unfortunately there are no skins visible on the aircraft so I a wondering if I need to re download and try a re install? :-?

Hi AOB, I just downloaded the CK game from this site and all worked fine on my end.
So now we need to start looking at a few things on your end.

1, No skins would have to do with graphic card and or memory the amount of memory allowed by your PC you can see that in your CK game logfile.tex here is my;

dapter is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Texture memory = 4033 MB
Max texture size = 16384
Max volume size = 2048
Max textures = 8
Max stages = 8
Max clip planes = 8
Max active lights = 8

Vertex Shader Version = 30
Pixel Shader Version = 30

Adapter Can do A8R8G8B8
Adapter Can do V8U8
Adapter Can do VertexFog
Adapter Can do TableFog
Adapter Can do BumpMaps
Adapter Can do Shaders
Adapter Can do VolumeTex
Adapter Can do ShadowVolume
Adapter Can do 32BitIndexBuffers

2, also the CK exe was made using a 32bit compiler so you may want to right click on the CK exe and go to properties and run under XP or WIN7 32bit, I only had one other person using Win 10 that needed to do this, others using Win 10 did not need to and I don't know why I think it has something to do with the way bios is setup differently on each PC.

Lest start here and see where this brings us.

One thing... don't unzip the download it is best to right click on the zip and open with 7 zips then go inside the ( CKFULLGAME ) folder you will find the Canvas_Knights folder, just drag and drop that folder on to any hard drive, this works best as your not asking the 7zips to install it you are doing it.

Deutschmark

I ran the program in win 8 mode and I can see textures on half the planes. My logfile says

------------------------------------------------

Adapter is NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
Texture memory = 4081 MB
Max texture size = 16384
Max volume size = 2048
Max textures = 8
Max stages = 8
Max clip planes = 8
Max active lights = 8

Vertex Shader Version = 30
Pixel Shader Version = 30

Adapter Can do A8R8G8B8
Adapter Can do V8U8
Adapter Can do VertexFog
Adapter Can do TableFog
Adapter Can do BumpMaps
Adapter Can do Shaders
Adapter Can do VolumeTex
Adapter Can do ShadowVolume
Adapter Can do 32BitIndexBuffers
------------------------------------------------
Failed to load weapons\graagg_axis\weapon.cfg
Failed to load weapons\graage_axis\weapon.cfg
Failed to load weapons\graagd_axis\weapon.cfg
Failed to load weapons\gaamga_axis\weapon.cfg
Failed to load weapons\graagg_axis\weapon.cfg
Failed to load weapons\graage_axis\weapon.cfg
Failed to load weapons\graagd_axis\weapon.cfg

I think I might go for a download on my laptop and see if it works any better.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Gary

Your logfile looks good and I see you X out the weapons folder and that's ok on the bottom part of your file.
Ok something don't sound right in your CK vsf.inn file so lets try this;
Put a X in front of it like this; Xvsf.inn
Then start the program it will make a new one but you will louse any in game setting you may have done that's why we put a X in front of the old one so you can go in there and copy out any in game setting you may have made and put them in the right place on the new one or even just make them again, its up to you.
That vsf.inn file is the hart of your game and yours may hold some glitch in it that may have been from when you first installed it and had a problem that's why we try this.

Deutschmark

Hi AOB, I see that you are downloading add-on vehicles/ planes and skins, so are you all set now with your install? is all working ok for you now? and if so can you tell us/ me what was done to fix your problem please so just incase others have this problem, thanks.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Hi AOB, I see that you are downloading add-on vehicles/ planes and skins, so are you all set now with your install? is all working ok for you now? and if so can you tell us/ me what was done to fix your problem please so just incase others have this problem, thanks.

Deutschmark

Hi. I have found out that another downloaded demo version works fine with texture displays but my original one does not. I guess that once the original installation was wiped my backup got corrupted. I am going to purchase the key for the new download version. I am also wondering about keeping the whole thing on my portable hard drive to avoid the horrible things that happen when computers crash and need re formatting.

Hi AOB, yes CK will work on any hard drive I have my on my external hard drive.

Deutschmark

Thank you for your input my friend. All is now well. My new installation is on my external hard drive and working very well. A Zeppelin flight and a trip with Guynemer have confirmed that. Smile