Discussion Of Configuration App

This is the place to discus the new CK Configuration App.

I would first like to say thank you RedEagle for making this for us!

Deutschmark

Big Grin

Something new! Cool!

Thank you, Red Eagle! :Smile)

So.... Let me get this right... This application simplifies the adding of mods?

Clinton

This application is very powerful in what it can do, just give us a little time and we will have a few mods for you to see what it can do, but for now enjoy the winter map Big Grin

Deutschmark

:mrgreen:

Okiedokie !
Big Grin

Clinton

you're welcome Fireskull Smile
hope you'll enjoy CK_Configs.
I tried to make it easy to use for everyone, but also give it some powerfull skills for all those, that like to experiment.
The basic idea was to be able to play around with the configuration without ruining your original setup and switching between different configs very fast and easy, but it also has some hidden features and options which are not revealed yet Wink
But anyways if you are missing a feature, feel free to ask, it might be built in already Wink Big Grin

I am wondering if anyone else has had problems switching back to original after running the Wright brothers config? It seems to have shifted all the oringal planes and weapons into the backup folder and all you get now is the Wright Flyer and the car for the vehicle selections.

Hi AOB, I have had no other reports of this, the First Flight was tested by two others and my self and all was working ok, I have asked RedEagle the maker of the app to come in on this and see what is up, you may need to give him some screen shots to help you out.

Deutschmark

Hi AOB,

what problem occurs when you try to switch back to your original configuration?
Do you get an error message?
Does CK_Configs show original configuration as active?
Can you provide screenshots of backup/original and config.cfg?
config.cfg can be opened with an editor.

Red

I can select orig and it shows up as active. When I close the app and fire up the program the only plane is the Wright Flyer and the old car. It just seems that the whole thing is not resetting. I am reassured to know it is not a known error I will fiddle about some more thanks.

Hi AOB,

I just sent you an Email.

Red

Some vital Information on CK_Configs:

The CK_Cofigs.exe file can be stored in the gamedirectory. It just should not be in one of the subfolders.

CK_Configs was designed to handle large amounts of data in very short time.
Since copying files would take way to long to switch configurations, the program moves folders which ensures its high performance.
Configurations can manipulate different subfolders in the gamefolder.
For this reason the program will check which subfolders are in the configurationfolder that also exist in the gamefolder first when you activate a configuration.
Then it moves the folders from gamedirectory to backup/original to save them and after it did that it moves directories from the configurationfolder to the gamedirectory and stores the information in the config.cfg file in backup.
If another configuration is activated the program will first undo all changes done by the active configuration and then activate the new one.

This means it is absolutely normal, that there is folders missing in the configurationfolder of the currently active configuration!
If you reinstall a configuration, it MUST NOT BE ACTIVE!
Else CK_Configs will run into an error, trying to move folders to a place, where there is already folders with the same name.

If there is any questions left about CK_Configs, let me know.
Have fun

Red