Wow... sad.

DM ole buddy... hate to see this place abandoned like this. Hope you're doing great and living large. I miss you.

Take care!

Beowolff

Funny I just had the idea to see if this website was alive after all those years. Look like it's a bit dead. Now I'm more on the Il2 Great Battles forum and a bit of Daidalos Team Discussion forum for Il2 1946.

I think something should be done to this forum, but something different to other official forum.

Hey Beo,

I been getting into my band / music in a big way, getting radio airplay in USA and here in Germany for my latest single song and just came out of the recording studio this pass week with another new single song... so that is what I been doing and it levees very little time for 3D modeling , I did a few new add-on mods for Canvas Knights near the end of last year as I still enjoy modeling but the time is very short for it these days, hope all is good by you and yours.
I still pay for this site out of my own money to keep it up for the ones that still come here.

Deutschmark

nic1 Wrote:Funny I just had the idea to see if this website was alive after all those years. Look like it's a bit dead. Now I'm more on the Il2 Great Battles forum and a bit of Daidalos Team Discussion forum for Il2 1946.

I think something should be done to this forum, but something different to other official forum.

Nice to meet you Nic...

:lol:

Deutschmark Wrote:Hey Beo,

I been getting into my band / music in a big way, getting radio airplay in USA and here in Germany for my latest single song and just came out of the recording studio this pass week with another new single song... so that is what I been doing and it levees very little time for 3D modeling , I did a few new add-on mods for Canvas Knights near the end of last year as I still enjoy modeling but the time is very short for it these days, hope all is good by you and yours.
I still pay for this site out of my own money to keep it up for the ones that still come here.

Deutschmark

Oh man...so good to hear from you again, DM! Wow! Yes, we're okay here, physically anyway. Did you see where when I came back from Cancer and a double heart attack that Ton had left and backstabbing Barnesy and Tyger STOLE (hi-jacked) the site? And attacked and BANNED me! Banned from my own site! WTF?

Anyway, going to just start another new one, I guess, as they have pretty much ruined that one now anyway. Ice Eagle, who I suspect is likely 'you know who' from the SAS (and or one of the others there) is acting as Barnsey's henchmen... Slipper and Tyger, the stooges they are, are just following orders like any bootlickers would. When you do something Barnesy don't like, he sic's his hendman, Ice Eagler or his stooge Slipper or Tyger or Gumpy onto you... then when you fight back from their attack... WHAMMO Barnesy swoops in in the public forum to STRIKE at you with all of his force! This is usually followed by Slipper/Tyger slipping in and pretending to be your buddy but just getting ready to backstab you at the first chance. It's a crappy deal!

But, as you know ole friend... such is IL2. During the entire long life of this sim, it has been plagued by such evil folk.

Anyway... so GOOD to hear you are well...you ole coot! Trying to shake your THANG like the young boys do! :lol: :lol: Be careful and don't put it somewhere you might regret, eh? hahaha!

Good to know you are BACK into playing as I know you missed the band and all that excitement. BRAVO for you, my friend.

Can't wait to hear your music! I know it'll be good. btw... my wife and I are also playing but in a much smaller theater...we do old folks homes, to help the sick and retired... we play old 40's/50s, 60s/70s music... and sing. I've picked up a few 'new' (actually used but new to me...lol) guitars and a fairly nice amp/speakers and PA stuff... and we go out and about maybe once a week to play and sing. We love doing it, and the old folks seem to love us visiting them too.

Glad you've kept this place going... I'd try to help keep it alive here if I could, but I can't pay for it (we're always scrapping the bottom of the barrel here for cash.) But if you want me to do anything I'd be glad to. In fact, give me a pm when you get the time and let's kick it around. Maybe it could be re-organized into a 'new' AAA/Old Value Free Modder site with the BEST of 'both' the old forums in it?

Dunno... just thinking out loud. Like I said, hate to see it deserted. I've been on here a week and beside the bots crawling it, I haven't seen a single soul on except, Nic, that posted above you.

Take good care, my friend. You know I care for you and your well being. (don't be partying like you was 18 again... :mrgreen: )

Later,

Beowolff (Lynnon)

Hey Beo,

Yes I read about the Cancer and heart attack right after I made my post above, man ... I pray for you!
Sorry to hear about the site IL2 stuff... I don't miss that stuff at all ... Confusedhock:
I send you a PM.

Deutschmark ( John )

Hello Beowolff and Deutschmark,

As for Beowolff, I am saddened by all that I have read here.

Beowolff, I keep my fingers crossed that you get well again and have a long healthy life!

Deutschmark, it is good to hear that you are making music.

With best regards, Gerhard

When I think how many hours I poured into this site when it was AAA, how much I worried when the site went from one crisis to the next, how much great stuff it begat despite what you might think of some of its major players; it seems a shame that it has ghosted out now.

Not that it's especially surprising, I suppose. IL2 first graced us in 2001 and I was active on this site around a decade ago. It's scarey to think really. I'll always think of it fondly though.

Hey Gerhard,

I sent you a PM.

Greetings
John

Decided to pop in and see the site. Hope you're all doing well and that life is treating you all well. Take care Beo! Hope you are feeling better after your poor health.

Cheers

mac1

Hi all.

As sure you all know, I am absolutely out of modding since some time ago, even I removed everything related to IL-2 of my computer.
But today just by chance, I read on this site certain things that have made me leave my retirement just to write this, that is going to be the only thing that I am going to write.

I feel very proud to have shared all this years of modding together with my good friends: Barnesy, Tyger, and slipper (and many other good mates of course).
I consider them as my brothers, we have shared very hard years of hard work and struggle, and there was never the slightest problem between us.

And I can affirm without a doubt that they are absolutely honest men.

I wish everyone the best.

Saludos.

ton.

ton414 Wrote:just to write this, that is going to be the only thing that I am going to write
I'll take you up on that :mrgreen:

[Image: smileys-cheers-543524.gif]
Mike

Thank you Ton - appreciate the kind words ... stay well & enjoy your (IL-2) retirement Smile