All-Aircraft-Simulations
WIP :reworked Stalingrad winter map - Printable Version

+- All-Aircraft-Simulations (https://allaircraftsimulations.com)
+-- Forum: IL2 MAP MODS Download & Discussion (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+--- Forum: OLD IL2 MAP MODS Discussion & WIP-MAP-MODS (https://allaircraftsimulations.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=307)
+--- Thread: WIP :reworked Stalingrad winter map (/showthread.php?tid=58186)

Pages: 1 2

WIP :reworked Stalingrad winter map - GilB57 - 15.12.2008

I (again) used Mbug winter texs but I made new snowy ones !
Screenshots :

[Image: NewStgrad01.jpg]

[Image: NewStgrad03.jpg]

[Image: NewStgrad04.jpg]

[Image: NewStgrad05.jpg]

...But I encounter a problem with frozen water (last image) : whatever I do to change the texture (WaterIce.tga : I want another more detailled tex) nothing changes:
-If I put :
[WATER]
Water = water/WaterIce.tga,2
... no change

-If I create a larger WaterIce.tga file ... no change Sad

Any idea ?

- Nocturnum - 15.12.2008

Already that is looking great. I love the dirtiness of the fields and towns and I think your new layered trees are very realistic looking, too.

- Maxisonfire - 15.12.2008

Try to check temperature you set for this map in load.ini ? it should be below 0

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER
MONTH=11
DECLIN = 60
PRESSURE = 750
TEMPERATURE = -17

- mandrill7 - 15.12.2008

Yes! Thank you! I love it!!!

- jeanba - 15.12.2008

Interesting
There is a lot of geography mistakes on the original map, are you correcting them ?

- GilB57 - 15.12.2008

Quote:Try to check temperature you set for this map in load.ini ? it should be below 0

No, I didn't explain well:

My problem is not to have or not frozen water:
TEMPERATURE = 1 no frozen water
TEMPERATURE = -17 frozen water

but the tex for frozen water is not large enough : it appears blurred in game (too low resolution 256x256) and I'can't change it Sad

Quote:There is a lot of geography mistakes on the original map, are you correcting them ?

No sorry, only cosmetic change :roll:

- lowfighter - 15.12.2008

Gil I think you have some problems if you took Slovakia winterized downcity and midcity textures and you substituted for the standard winter downcity midcity and centercity textures. Because the streets are not 100% matching in Slovakia and standard city textures. So you probably have now houses in the middle of the road in Stalingrad?
Or you didn't use Slovakia winterized city textures?

- canonuk - 15.12.2008

Already looking better Smile

- GilB57 - 15.12.2008

Quote:if you took Slovakia winterized downcity and midcity textures

That was already corrected in my Ardennes winter previous map: I made new texs (matching with standard ones) for cities and factories. :wink:

- CUJO_1970 - 15.12.2008

Great start!

How hard would it be to redo the airfields to historic layouts and realistic textures? I am willing to help with research and building the airfields if the textures can be provided.

Also...Stalingrad itself needs to be completely redone to a new standard. I would like to see a destroyed winter Stalingrad. A huge task, but I would be willing to help work on this...

- GilB57 - 16.12.2008

Thx Cujo, but that's not my purpose:
Idon't know how and also not enough time to completely redo a newer accurate & historical map. There are a few excellent people there as CanonUK, Maraz , etc ... to do so :wink:

My idea is just to update older ones which already have missions & campaigns to fly on !

I wanted to do it also for the Kurland map, but I noticed the buildings are not "winterised"... (no actors.static for winter map) Sad ... so I'll do it for REAL winter maps before !

- mandrill7 - 16.12.2008

IIRC, Kurland is only a "semi winter" map with green airfields. I guess it was meant to represent a very mild winter.

Options for mapmakers would have been far more limited in pre mod days when no special tga textures were available. Nowadays, someone would do Kurland with only a very light snow covering.

- canonuk - 16.12.2008

GilB57 Wrote:Thx Cujo, but that's not my purpose:
Idon't know how and also not enough time to completely redo a newer accurate & historical map. There are a few excellent people there as CanonUK, Maraz , etc ... to do so :wink:

I am tempted, but it wouldn't be until both my Channel and my MTO map were finished - which is not for a long long time!

- GilB57 - 18.12.2008

As I'm not able to change the ice texture for frozen water, I decided to keep liquid water.
But there's another problem that I encounter :

To have liquid water, I put the temperature to 1, so, that way, snow falls in bad weather.
I kept the camouflage to winter.

The problem is that the water react as solid : a plane crashes with explosion and smoke .

I want to avoid camouflage = summer ( despite it works)
I want to avoid a too high temperature (rain instead of snow)

ANY IDEA PLEASE ?

- kapteeni - 18.12.2008

GilB57 Wrote:As I'm not able to change the ice texture for frozen water, I decided to keep liquid water.
But there's another problem that I encounter :

To have liquid water, I put the temperature to 1, so, that way, snow falls in bad weather.
I kept the camouflage to winter.

The problem is that the water react as solid : a plane crashes with explosion and smoke .

I want to avoid camouflage = summer ( despite it works)
I want to avoid a too high temperature (rain instead of snow)

ANY IDEA PLEASE ?
You must change camouflage to SUMMER Cry That is the only way, i'm afraid!!
Look here:
viewtopic.php?t=10505