static.ini and new objects on maps ....

Ok, map modding has evolved to the degree that default object aren't good enough anymore Big Grin

So we need to get some kind of agreement how official mods should look like from now on ...

Unfortunately there is no way for making installer which would update list automatically ( with my present knowledge..) and preserve all custom settings user may have + easy uninstall . If anyone can make that happen ...please do so

I'm aware of need for having object list customized and organized but that would make life easier only for advanced users ... which can do so anyway . This system IMHO should make things easier for average users ....

This is what i have in mind:

make sticky with default static.ini ( version 4.09b1m) available for download at map mods download section

structure for future map mods :

object files

structure :

game root \Mods\ "name with prefix"\3do\....

example :
MODS\Objects_CAN\3do\Buildings\Airdrome\Hangar1_Camo

static.ini

structure:

\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini

- each mod must contain readme file with clear instructions and needed lines ready for copy/paste

- lines for custom objects should contain author's prefix and should be separated from object data

example:

Code:
//===========================================================================
[***]
Title Objects_CAN
//===========================================================================

[buildings.House$AirdromeMaskingnet4]
Title           Airdrome_Maskingnet4
MeshLive        3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Maskingnet4/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Maskingnet4/dead.sim
AddHeightLive 3.1
AlignToLand 0
Body            WoodSmall              // FIXME: need special type 'Cloth'
Panzer          0.0001

.... suggestions ?

regards
Z

I think these are good suggestions!

yes...maybe this needs to be a sticky somewhere....remembering that it isn't only the map makers who use the static ini in their mods.....

and there was some useful info in my little tutorial about it here....maybe could be added :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=5268

fabianfred Wrote:yes...maybe this needs to be a sticky somewhere....remembering that it isn't only the map makers who use the static ini in their mods.....

and there was some useful info in my little tutorial about it here....maybe could be added :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=5268

... i'm leaving it here for a few days just to hear/read opinions of other interested modders

afterwards it will become rule/guide for official mods .... and sticky

as for tutorial ... i believe Fisneaky have something planned , so see if he needs any assistance

cheers
Z

I've uploaded the default 4.09 here http://www.mediafire.com/?nwymljutmlf
for anyone that needs it.

just unzip to il2 root (or temp folder and manually paste in il2 root)

Folder structure contained in zip - Mods\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects

I vote yes for this idea, i also agree it should be in the main area as so many MODS seem to
need to change it, the clear section with the authors/Mod name is also a good idea so we can revert
to our original static if need be, Excellent suggestion !!!

Yeah, I like it. I'll include my entries in this format in the final release.

Thanks for addressing this issue guys. The noncomputer frinedly numbskulls among us need these dls to be simplified, and it is very frustrating to see all this amazing work with fantastic original objects that we (I) can't get working easily and consistently.
I for one can't wait for this procedure to be established and will be mightily grateful when it is!

von Kopfdorfer

first :
thanks for all , this site is a gold mine.

second:

I put .miss buildings in the actors static its ok,
but there is not work for Nstationary,have something me forgotten?

again thanks for your Work, and sorry for my poor english.