Need Actors.static help

I've been using Ashe's excellent BoF map for some map mod testing. As I cannot open his actors/static file with fullFMB without crashing I've started using a blank actor.static file. I created a new airfield in Flushing Holland and now want to add it to the original actors.static file that was delivered with the original map. Cutting and pasting the info from the new to the original does not seem to work.

Can anyone help explain the merging process. I did some searches but was not able to find anything specific.

Thanks

viewtopic.php?t=3375

Cheers, Neil Smile

Read that a couple times and I think I traced down one of the issues. I never ran the extract.bat as saving the modded map with save as was doing the trick while the regular save did nothing. I now installed java and the extract seems to work for my static file but it generates error when trying to extract the original. It seems that the bridges are generating some sort of error.

Any help or advice is appreciated. I continue to read the forums on modding and am slowly putting two and two together but it is somewhat painfull. Lots of trial and error.

Thanks in advance.

Also the save function does not do anything. I save my changes and move all the files from maps to mapmods to open them in standard FMB. The save does not actually save anything, verified by noting that the time and date of all map files remains unchanged. Save as seems to work for the static file but when making tile changes it does not appear that the static folder is where they are saved. When opening static file that I thought contained the new tiles the old tiles showed up.

Sorry for the 100 questions but I really want to learn how to do this. As both my 3d and artistic skinning skills are limited I feel I could at least contribute by making maps.

If you are working on "Turkey_Baltic" map......
the Turkey_Baltic map has a folder in the MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder and its details in the maps/all.ini ...like this..
Turkey_Baltic Turkey_Baltic/load.ini

AND you must open a Turkey_Baltic folder in the il2 Sturmovik/maps folder (make this maps folder yourself if there is none)

THEN when you have done your work upon the map in the Full MapTools FMB ...you will 'save' .... and the new modified actors.static and maybe Map_t and map_h and texts files will also apear there

SO after closing il2 ...you must open your il2/maps/Turkey_Baltic folder and copy the new files into the ... MODS/MAPMODS/maps/Turkey_Baltic folder

Thanks all. I have the actors.static file working now. Fabian the Map_t was the file containing the tiles. Once I copied that over everything fell into place.

Now my next issue is with runways, taxiways, and parking. I created all the waypoints and have the runway red arrow things on the runway but the AI still do not turn off onto the taxiways. They takeoff and land on the runway but stop at the end of runway waypoint and turn off their motor. I even modified the runway and taxiway waypoints so that their coordinated are exactly identical. This still did not help. I do not think they need to be so close because the default oleg maps have the waypoints far apart.

TurkeyDriver Wrote:Thanks all. I have the actors.static file working now. Fabian the Map_t was the file containing the tiles. Once I copied that over everything fell into place.

Now my next issue is with runways, taxiways, and parking. I created all the waypoints and have the runway red arrow things on the runway but the AI still do not turn off onto the taxiways. They takeoff and land on the runway but stop at the end of runway waypoint and turn off their motor. I even modified the runway and taxiway waypoints so that their coordinated are exactly identical. This still did not help. I do not think they need to be so close because the default oleg maps have the waypoints far apart.

when a plane lands...as it is on its landing roll ...it will interrogate the possible parking spots.... and if there are none available it will disappear

a parking spot cannot have any Object placed too close to it...close enough for the largest a/c to hit (B-29) ...so you cannot place the parking waypoint inside a blast-pen or too close to a hanger etc.