FMB and new maps

Hi guys,

With FMB I can open most standard and also new maps, except ItalyAfricaGreece and BoF (Battle of France).

Anyone has any idea how this can be?

What are you getting when you try to open these maps?

Remember that with some of these maps, you need to add a line for the map to your load.ini file, or they won't show in FMB.

Hawkers Big Grin

When I try to open I receive error message:

The command in 0x0cb0a7b directs at memory in 0x00007354. The read or write command in the memory has failed.

Are you trying to open them in FMB+? Most maps are too big to open in FMB+, but work in regular FMB.

Thx for reply,

I have the first download from the tools download.
Seems FMB+ is the second download.

But maps that i cannot open are indeed big maps.

I think the issue is opening large maps using the unlocked, "map editor version of the FMB". For those of you who are new to map making you will soon discover that large maps have to be built using separate source files, which are then consolidated for release using the actors.static tool. The map editor version of the FMB stores the entire map in ram, so trying to open a completed, large map results in a crash. The Slot is a good example. 'T' built all the airfields on one set of source files, and I put all the rest of the objects on a separate set. When we were ready to test it, we used the actors.static tool for consolidation, ran the tests, and then had to return to the source files to make any required changes.

As Fly_zo has pointed out several times before, "FMB+" is not what is used to create maps. FMB+ is an enhanced version of the stock FMB that FC created to improve the mission building process. To avoid confusion I recommend we refer to the FMB used for map creation as the "map editor FMB".