Idea of new map mod

One thing in il2 is always make me angry. When I flying a high altitude bomb mission a can't check what is altitude of my ground target. As we know this is very important for perfect attack.
Is this possible to make some tools for check up what is an altitude on different places on the maps ?

whiskey111 Wrote:One thing in il2 is always make me angry. When I flying a high altitude bomb mission a can't check what is altitude of my ground target. As we know this is very important for perfect attack.
Is this possible to make some tools for check up what is an altitude on different places on the maps ?

Are you considering a mod to be used "in-game" or as a standalone "pre-mission" utility i.e. an application you could use to plan a mission before launching IL2?

The latter one I think would be both easiest to do and also more realistic (think pre-mission planning). Altitude information is available in the map_h.tga files and the ed_map's could be used for presentation. Hmmmm, interesting programming challenge 8)

I think about pre-mission utility Smile (but it must work in the game of course)

giving the target altitude to the player is normaly the responsibility of the mission maker. it's easy to get and give.