Missing something with Landscape textures

I don't fully understand how these work.

From my load.ini...

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/rom_Lowland0.tga
LowLand1 = land/summer/rom_swamps1.tga
LowLand2 = land/summer/fields_rock0.tga,-2
LowLand3 = land/summer/LowLand_2.tga,-2
MidLand0 = land/summer/midland.tga
...etc.

This will load fine, but if I replace rom_swamps1.tga with rom_CoastLine1.tga it won't. What's the difference? The only thing that I can think f is that the name is wrong in vpmedia's list :o . How do I check it?

:cheers:

try using

= water/rom_CoastLine1.tga

ijeremiah Wrote:try using

= water/rom_CoastLine1.tga

Yep, that did it. Thanks.
Is there a Golden Rule, or a definitive list of the strings for these things anywhere?

Not really. Just try looking through the load.ini files for original maps - that's how I worked out where the original textures were kept.

if you do any kinda programming work you need to look at the whole picture

which means that if you want to mod maps the first step is to extract all load.ini files and study them

while doing this you will recognize that the few texture access paths are pretty much repetitive & logical

vpmedia Wrote:if you do any kinda programming work you need to look at the whole picture

which means that if you want to mod maps the first step is to extract all load.ini files and study them

while doing this you will recognize that the few texture access paths are pretty much repetitive & logical

Aha. I see your point Smile . I've begun extracting the load.ini files and already I can see a pattern. One day I'll finally understand what it is I'm trying to do! :lol: