map names?

Hi
Does anybody know if there is a file similiar to plane_ru.properties, but with maps?
For example Stalingrad is in all.ini refered as Stgrad, but in FMB map list you see Stalingrad 1 and 2, so i am wondering if somebody knows which file specifies that, because I'd like to change some new maps name to nicer looking ones, and I can't do it via all.ini because you can't use spaces in map name there.

fido Wrote:Hi
Does anybody know if there is a file similiar to plane_ru.properties, but with maps?
For example Stalingrad is in all.ini refered as Stgrad, but in FMB map list you see Stalingrad 1 and 2, so i am wondering if somebody knows which file specifies that, because I'd like to change some new maps name to nicer looking ones, and I can't do it via all.ini because you can't use spaces in map name there.

maps_ru.properties .....

default location :

\files\i18n\maps_ru.properties

cheers
Z

thx, i thought it would be sth like that, but i couldnt find it in sfs files..

If you just want to change the map name in the FMB list... then change the name in the maps/all.ini
the left-hand name is what appears in the FMB and the rest after the space is the address used by the game to the map folder

fabianfred Wrote:If you just want to change the map name in the FMB list... then change the name in the maps/all.ini
the left-hand name is what appears in the FMB and the rest after the space is the address used by the game to the map folder

not a good idea if you're using auto installers ..... updates will make a mess

please do bear in mind average users :wink:

Z

fabianfred Wrote:If you just want to change the map name in the FMB list... then change the name in the maps/all.ini

yes, i know that already, but theres a problem that if want a space in map name. so i'll make that map_ru file

Quote:not a good idea if you're using auto installers

i never use autoinstaller, i like my own order ;-)