Uploaded Industry template for AUTOPOP

I don't know really, you mean difference in FPS or what? I like to have variety in the buildings, but I didn't test performance. You can do your template with as much variety as possible using buildings which go well with each other, then it's a (more or less smart) find-replace thing to create a second template with smaller number of types. Then you can compare both in flying over the biggest city you have...

Yes, i was thinking of FPS hits if i have a big variety of buildings. When i was looking at my town middle section was not to my liking that much Smile So i am currently repopulating them. And this is what popped up. But i don't think that FPS should get a great hit, in my logic, just loading times. Those could be affected but i am not that concerned about that Smile Thanks.

Have fun then Big Grin

My last OT: and then you'll have to check it and give me approval Big Grin Because of your eye...

Zuti, in my experience you are right. The total number of objects hit loading time, the number of types of objects hit frame-rates. I have used only 13 types of objects for the industrial template I'm working on. Loading time for the itty bitty map I'm using has started to increase, but the game run as smooth at ever.

The industrial area is ambling along, but it is taking it's time. The map is now loading a tad slower, but I have had no noticeable FPS loss.

[Image: Moreindustri.jpg]

^WOW, now we're talking^!

Stalingrad/Tractor Factory anyone? :twisted:

That's a nice idea and an excellent place to test! What do you think Friendly? I have some pretty detailed maps for Stalingrad for reference, also it's not so hard to learn how to do it (I'll help teaching you if you have not yet got acquainted with actors.static manipulation, autopop etc)
And very nice picture!

That is top-notch!

lowfighter Wrote:That's a nice idea and an excellent place to test! What do you think Friendly? I have some pretty detailed maps for Stalingrad for reference, also it's not so hard to learn how to do it (I'll help teaching you if you have not yet got acquainted with actors.static manipulation, autopop etc)
And very nice picture!

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Please don't tease me like that :lol:

A new Stalingrad map is something I've dreamed of since before the new maps were even possible.

Such an important part of the war...and I can think of no other location where _FACTORIES_were so crucial in a campaign. The air campaign over the factories and then the factory to factory fighting on the ground.

And then there is Pitomnik and Gumrak airfields...oh my goodness the possibilities...I think I'm going to faint.

This is something I would be willing to help on if needed...hell I would pay money for a proper Stalingrad map.

I even started a Stalingrad winter map a long time ago, but was not satisfied with it and gave up:

[Image: Stalingrad5.jpg]

We seem to have more resources now, so...

CUJO_1970 Wrote:I even started a Stalingrad winter map a long time ago, but was not satisfied with it and gave up:

[Image: Stalingrad5.jpg]

We seem to have more resources now, so...

That looks tremendous!

Lowfighter, did you get the file I sent? Is it any good to you?

Please check mail :lol: