Town house variation

lowfighter Wrote:...Recently all weird symptoms: crashes and lately some very strong noises like BMW cars poping up suddenly (maybe some fan got ill or something). For this I found a brilliant remedy, when the noise starts I give a mighty kick to the desktop and it stops making noise, worked so far without exception! I like mechanical solutions :lol:
Ah, the old "If a hammer won't fix it it's not worth fixing" solution eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friend, you seriously need to look at upgrading. You'll enjoy your work even more as well as the other fine work available out here in ModLand. The mod will run soooo much smoother for you. It will be like a brand new game I assure you. A dual core CPU, another Gig (at least) of memory and something a lot newer than that old 9700. I was quite impressed when I upgraded my old 9800XT to the new 4870 series. with my current system and that card I routinely get 60>80 FPS and in the open skies around 100>120 FPS.
You can get much better cards for well under 100 USD just about anyplace. I hate to think of you struggling with that current system. Besides, it sounds like it's just about on it's last legs anyway. Backup, backup, backup before it's too late.

According to Zorin it's the number of image files in play that makes for the big drop in FPS. The various BMPs are up to 10 times the size of the 3D mesh files. It is possibly that the same number of objects that cause stutter will run smoothly if the image files where smaller (128 x 128 rather than 512 x 512). Some objects have smaller image files than other. Some objects have simplified meshes when seen from a distance (from 300 meters away, the factory building with three chimneys get triangular chimneys), which would decrease workload on the computer if viewing a simple object, but a drop if there are several objects at different distances.

Loading time of maps seem mostly correlated with number of objects.

Damit Beebop, I have money enough to eat each day boiled potatoes smoke 2 packs of cheap cigarettes and drink 6 beers and you advice me to upgrade!:lol:

Boris The Spider Wrote:
lowfighter Wrote:...Recently all weird symptoms: crashes and lately some very strong noises like BMW cars poping up suddenly (maybe some fan got ill or something). For this I found a brilliant remedy, when the noise starts I give a mighty kick to the desktop and it stops making noise, worked so far without exception! I like mechanical solutions :lol:
:lol:
Ah, the old "If a hammer won't fix it it's not worth fixing" solution eh? :lol: :lol:

My friend, you seriously need to look at upgrading. You'll enjoy your work even more as well as the other fine work available out here in ModLand. The mod will run soooo much smoother for you. It will be like a brand new game I assure you. A dual core CPU, another Gig (at least) of memory and something a lot newer than that old 9700. I was quite impressed when I upgraded my old 9800XT to the new 4870 series. with my current system and that card I routinely get 60>80 FPS and in the open skies around 100>120 FPS.
You can get much better cards for well under 100 USD just about anyplace. I hate to think of you struggling with that current system. Besides, it sounds like it's just about on it's last legs anyway. Backup, backup, backup before it's too late.

lowfighter Wrote:Damit Beebop, I have money enough to eat each day boiled potatoes smoke 2 packs of cheap cigarettes and drink 6 beers and you advice me to upgrade!:lol:

cut the potatoes .... they are bad for your health :wink:

but i do understand you completely ...

Z

Don't forget to use indexed TGA !!! Skins size files are divided by 4 !!!!!

Thanks for the tip RONE :!:

Didn't do much later about it but here's an illustration on Maraz Centmed map (used autopop too)

[Image: Syracusa.jpg]