size of ed_m01 etc

For big maps the ed_m01.tga especially can be quite large. I always scaled them which results in considerably faster loading times (at least in FMB) and possibly better performance. Besides I'm running low of available memory :lol: It depends probably also on how powerful is your PC. This size reduction results in poorer resolution in FMB (when you zoom in) but I didn't find it disturbing. JUst in case you didn't know...
I've been scaling them for maps like Slot, The Alps, Asheshouse Battle of France etc and last was Delvpier's B29Alley which reminded me I wanted to post this little thing for a while :lol:

.... yup , got to agree here m8 .... and having them as 256 indexed colors format tga's drastically decreases loading time

regards
Z

So Zo the 256 indexing is valid for any il2 tga color files (map textures, object skinnsetc)? I knew it works for object skins...

That's really cool, after I reduce the size I'll also index them :lol:

Just tried it myself. Reduced the minimap from more than 225mb, down to about 75mb for no discernable loss of image quality. A great technique I'll be sure to use in future too. Thanks! :wink:

Quote:I've been scaling them for maps like Slot,

heh, and we scaled them down from thier originals before we released them.
It shouldn't harm anything if you choose to reduce them to size that is tolerable to your standards of resolution or quality.

Absolutely...

lowfighter Wrote:Absolutely...

absolutely .... that word ...

[Image: tombraider.jpg]

:wink:

Pretty nice one absolutely I wish she was not holding a gun ... I substituted the gun mentally with a rose but then the face expression doesn't fit the rose..a can of beer doesn't fit either :?

Maybe a whip? hehe... :wink:

The whip fits well but I wanted something more peaceful or soft Cry

....a feather? ...one of those long ostrich/peacock ones?
Soft and peachy doesn't really suit Angie... Confusedhock:
Maybe....
[Image: AngelinaJolie.jpg]
...help me out here, guys...i'm running out of ideas... :wink:

zo's gonna have to get us back on topic again, seeing as he started it... :wink:

Well done Bigboss! A feather would soften a bit :wink:
This girl Angie, does she looks always a bit like having some problems making peace with the world? Sorry I'm not updated about contemporary celebrities :oops:
Anyway I prefer the plumper ones :lol:

.... no, no .... just carry on gents , loving where this is going :wink:

absolutely ... 1:38 .... the way she pronounces that ....

Z

Can 1 of you gents tell me the process for indexing colour for a tga in GIMP or PSP7?

Thanks.

mandrill7 Wrote:Can 1 of you gents tell me the process for indexing colour for a tga in GIMP or PSP7?

Thanks.

forced me to install gimp ....

here:

[Image: gimp01.jpg]

[Image: gimp02.jpg]

hope it'll help

Z