V-1 Rockets and BoB Channel Map

Cheers to all in AAA community:

I congratulate all Modders for their wonderfull job and myself for being here.

I am needing help in order to sort a bump.

I downloaded and installed the BoB's Channel Map and installed it without a glitch, have made a couple of short missions OK, however in one of those missions, I modified it installing three V-1 Rocket Launchers close to Audembert airfield, set time-out, # of rockets and interval (period) as well as targets across the Channel (They where supposed to be used for crossing the Channel, I guess) on Hawkinge airfield, and after launching the mission nothing happened with the rockets; I moved the launchers to the beach 'cause I thought that there may be a incompatibility with altitude, without success, so I am here wondering if these objects cannot be used in AAA Mods

Any hint?

Thanks in advance

V-1 launchers have to be on flat ground. And they're really picky about it too.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Ok, last time I posted a large amount of text with info pertaining to someting in game some chucklehead told me I should post a link because it was so large , bandwidth, yadda, yadda. Well I don't have one but I have this right on my PC so there ya go, the part you want to pay special attention to is in bold type that's where most often a problem is initially.
From the ReadMe.rtf v 2.0 patch

Using the V-1 rocket

The V-1 rocket is a completely new object type with a new set of parameters. To use it, open Full Mission Builder, load a map, and in the object browser find a Rocket object set. From here you have a choice of a V-1 Ground and a V-1 Air object. These basically function the same, except the Ground object starts on a rail while the Air object starts in mid-air.

You can place an Air V-1 anywhere, while a ground V-1 should be placed on flat ground. Both should be places with no mountains, hills or buildings immediately in front of its path. Pressing Insert or ctrl-clicking the ground places the rocket under the mouse cursor. This is its starting waypoint, one of only two possible. The final waypoint is not created in the same way as plane or vehicle waypoints. Instead you must go to the Rocket tab of the Object window with the V-1 selected, press the Set button, and drag and click the target waypoint on the target area. You can drag and drop it later to fine-tune the aiming.

The rocket always flies to target at around 2625 +/-200 meters of altitude; thus for Ground V-1s your target should be far enough for it to climb to that altitude. Usually it

I have a DF Game using the V-1 & Canon's Map you can take a look at it if you wish m8?

[Image: catpongaq4.gif]

I appreciate the answers that received in this subject, Thanks to Skunkmeister, FA_Bong and Hot Space.

I do have a little bit of experience in launching Rockets (in game, please!), as I have made missions of that sort using Normandy Map (Not modded) and unbelievable it could sound, I succeeded in my first attempt! (beginners luck) but failed in the Channel Map.

So the answer to my question was pointed out by Skunkmeister, and that was the reason that I visited not my post in few days.

FA_Bong, your explanation is to me excellent, and helped a lot since a couple of aspects related with the timing was confusing me up to now.

Hot Space, please, is there a link to the mission you mention?, because yes, I would like to try it.

Thanks all of you people, you are great people!

Here ya go m8:

Click

Hi everybody

This is to thanks Hot Space for the CLICK to redirect me to the Cannon's Channel Mission

Will return to my place and start fiddling again with Rockets thru the Cannel

See you

Have fun m8 :wink: