For Fly_zo... dreams could come true...

:wink: :wink: :wink:

[Image: Gizeh.jpg]

[Image: Karnak.jpg]

[Image: Philae.jpg]

[Image: Horus_Temple.jpg]

:roll: in fact... at this time... it's a fake.... :oops:

:roll: but maybe not for ever :wink:

Let me explain, I've collected many 3D models suitable for Egypt, most of them from Google Sketchup... and they are exportable in a 3ds format... and consequently loadable in Autodesk 3ds Max... that's the way I used to get these pictures, rendering the 3ds model with an IL-2 screenshot of my Egypt map as Environment

I don't know if these models are properly made to be exported in IL-2 format, neither what should be done for that in 3ds Max... I have a lack of knowledge in 3D modeling and tools like those of Dr Jones, FatDuck and Marasz are really underdocumented... as modeling buildings objects and exporting to Il-2 format is also undocumented Cry Cry Cry

I will post in 3D Section Forum about this...

At first sight, if models made for Google could be exported in Il-2 format, it could be a revolution in Il-2 objects world... think about all these models loadable freely on Google site :roll:

Let's prey it could be done :wink:

....don't tease me here m8

you know that i'm waiting for Pyramids like forever

but it's a start though Big Grin

Z

We have made some pyramids for a Yucat

fly_zo Wrote:....don't tease me here m8

you know that i'm waiting for Pyramids like forever

but it's a start though Big Grin

Z

Yes, it's only a start, but these models exist really in Autodesk 3ds Max... see below...

[Image: Pyr_Gizeh.jpg]

[Image: Karnak_Temple.jpg]

and what about those for Canon ?

[Image: Bridge_Tower.jpg]

[Image: Westminster_Abbey.jpg]

So the question is... how to ?

I use the same windows background in those pics....

The pyramids at giza might be too high poly by the look of that wireframe...? :lol:

Would be awesome! keep on it! as you know, all we want is more :wink:

When I saw that header and scrolled down and saw those two little points you were going to show him a beautiful set of knockers :mrgreen: I'm thinking that we all might like the Egypt better if they were 'breasts' but I guess those that you've done will have to do Wink

... maybe he squeezes modeled Cleo in it too

nice work delvpier , when done ... let me know so i can ask big guys to implement it , heck i'll even beg if i have to :wink:

Z

Bump!

Any news?

Any updates?

Cheers!

Loht773 Wrote:Bump!

Any news?

Any updates?

Cheers!

:roll: Well, no... not really

Basically, map is done regarding textures and landscape... and quite pleasant to fly over

But it is unreleasable without specific objects, Pyramids, Sphinx, Temples and others... and I didn't make any progress since first post about this subject.

I tried to make some objects... but Il-2 format export plug-in and script don't work for me with Autodesk 3ds Max (... or I misunderstood something and I use it wrong :roll: )

Because of a lack of time (health problem in family) I didn't have any contact with modders with 3D knowledge...

When I see models posted by Canon on his BOB topic... how does he make it ?

At this time, I'm working on a new set for forest, something new with scattered forest, new forest ground, new models of random trees, new colors... release in some days :wink: