Thread Closed

QMB+ correctly installed but still no joy...

With much help from others I have correctly installed QMB+ over new AAA1.1 install ( and many new maps as well) This tool which had worked so well before the new AAA1.1 is not taking hold...it simply doesn't show up in QMB in game as it did before.So I was wondering - what if I simply put mapmods folder elsewhere for thetime being & reran AAA1.1 install getting a fresh install of default maps etc & then trying the QMB+ install over this...then add the new maps not in the 1.1 install.Might this work...or am I SOL? Other ideas?

QMB apears normal but maps cant be selected? did I understood this right?

Did you list new maps under [Quick] in your conf.ini ?

Yes...just as instructed...Custom0=Europe Custom1=MTO & Custom2=Bessarabia...all the way thru
" Custom16=zip alpen"
Also the gui_ru text has been placed in the right place in Files folder and of course theQMBPlus is in Mods folder.
All I am getting new in OMB is "Online Summer 1944" or something like that.

i just copied QMBplus folder (with missions for QMB) from my old installation to UI 1.1, made the entries in gui_ru and conf.ini and it just works fine.

jamesdietz Wrote:Yes...just as instructed...Custom0=Europe Custom1=MTO & Custom2=Bessarabia...all the way thru
" Custom16=zip alpen"
Also the gui_ru text has been placed in the right place in Files folder and of course theQMBPlus is in Mods folder.
All I am getting new in OMB is "Online Summer 1944" or something like that.

What is wrong James is you have spelled the very first mission name wrong so it will not show and no other names in the list will show past the mistake.

From the QMBPlus ReadMe by FC>

4. If you are new user add following in the end of your conf.ini file:

[quick]
Custom0=NWEurope
Custom1=MTO
Custom2=Bessarabia

It shoul;d be NWEurope not Custom0=Europe

Put a capital NW in front of Europe and all will show.

Only three things prevent names from showing in the QMB list>

wrong spelling
wrong Capitalisation
Wrong Numerical order

The order will not be the same from person to person and all will not have the same names.
Here is my quick list to compare with.All these names work fine for me although not everyone will have mission files for all of these names>

[quick]
Custom0=Ardennes_W
Custom1=Balaton
Custom2=Berlin
Custom3=Bessarabia
Custom4=BoB
Custom5=Burma
Custom6=CAN_Channel
Custom7=Central_Mediterranean
Custom8=Channel
Custom9=Crimea
Custom10=dlv_Philippines
Custom11=dlv_Sinai
Custom12=ER_Lybia
Custom13=ER_Malta
Custom14=ER_Philippines
Custom15=ffb_Thailand ffb
Custom16=finsgulf
Custom17=fly_Z_BOB_A
Custom18=fly_Z_Britain_Autumn
Custom19=Guadalcanal
Custom20=GW_Ardennes
Custom21=Hawaii
Custom22=ItalyAfricaGreece
Custom23=JV69_LYBIA_N-E
Custom24=Kt_eastafrica
Custom25=Kuban
Custom26=Kurland_Autumn_online
Custom27=Kursk
Custom28=LAL_Crim2_mud
Custom29=LAL_Crim2_winter
Custom30=Lvov
Custom31=Lybia
Custom32=Malvinas
Custom33=Mbug_Slovakia_winter
Custom34=Midway
Custom35=MTO
Custom36=Murmansk_Winter
Custom37=Net5Summer
Custom38=Netmountains
Custom39=NewGuinea
Custom40=Normandy2
Custom41=Norway
Custom42=NTL_Darwin_Small
Custom43=NWEurope
Custom44=OnlineDesert
Custom45=OnlineItaly
Custom46=Palau
Custom47=Philippines dvl_Philippines
Custom48=Prokhorovka
Custom49=SandsOfTime
Custom50=Singapore
Custom51=Slot
Custom52=Slovakia_Winter
Custom53=Slovakia
Custom54=Slovenia_winter
Custom55=Slovenia
Custom56=Stalingrad_Winter
Custom57=tab_ardennes ardennes
Custom58=The_Slot_1-44
Custom59=Tobruk
Custom60=V1_Summer_1944
Custom61=vol_ItalyAfricaGreece
Custom62=Vol_Sardegna
Custom63=zip_Alpen_
Custom64=Zuti_Slovenia_Off_W
Custom65=BBM_eastafrica
Custom66=Central_Mediterranean
Custom67=Channel
Custom68=ER_BombRun
Custom69=finsgulf
Custom70=GW_Murmansk
Custom71=GW_Norway
Custom72=GW_Stalingrad
Custom73=IT_Italy
Custom74=JV69_LYBIA_N-E
Custom75=ER_Siege_Of_Tobruk
Custom76=ER_Battle_over_ffb_Thailand
Custom77=ER_The_Skies_over_Malta
Custom78=ER_OJ_Korea
Custom79=ER_Battle_Of_France1940
Custom80=ER_LAL_Okinawa_Rumble
Custom81=ER_ZutiSlovenia
Custom82=ER_NTL_Darwin_Defenders
Custom83=ER_Stgrad
Custom84=ER_OOF
Custom85=ER_CoralSea
Custom86=ER_CentralMed
Custom87=ER_Cannon_Channel
Custom88=ER_WesternFront
Custom89=ER_ZipAlpen
Custom90=ER_Sardegna
Custom91=ER_LAL_Normandy1_DDay
Custom92=ER_LAL_Normandy2_DDay
Custom93=ER_Murmansk
Custom94=ER_12MapSurprise
Custom95=ER_Capt_JamesBrown
Custom96=ER_Defense_of_the_Aleutians
Custom97=ER_Colonel_Don_Blakeslee
Custom98=ER_AIR_INTERDICTION
Custom99=ER_KTO
Custom100=ER_QMB100
Custom101=ER_QMB101

Rookie67 Wrote:i just copied QMBplus folder (with missions for QMB) from my old installation to UI 1.1, made the entries in gui_ru and conf.ini and it just works fine.
Reinstall of QMB+ to Mods worked! Big Grin
Now will add all the info to Config shown above- Thanks guys!

jamesdietz Wrote:
Rookie67 Wrote:i just copied QMBplus folder (with missions for QMB) from my old installation to UI 1.1, made the entries in gui_ru and conf.ini and it just works fine.
Reinstall of QMB+ to Mods worked! Big Grin
Now will add all the info to Config shown above- Thanks guys!

EasyRider Wrote:The order will not be the same from person to person and all will not have the same names.
Here is my quick list to compare with.All these names work fine for me.All these names work fine for me although not everyone will have mission files for all of these names>>

This list is for comparison and is not for everyone as you will end up with numerous names with no missions lol

There should be somewhere in all those names every single downloadable missions name though...
as I have them all I do believe.

After a superficial test - all seems to be in order...which is great! This was one of those niggling little things that have botherd me since the newest AAA1.1 install which fixed so many other little problems I had made for myself over the past several months...H__ll I'd even finally got Mat Manager to work after months of problems getting it to install...but for the past week the lack of the new maps at QMB just got under my skin...stupid I know ...but I really did like simple joy rides over the Slovak country sides( one of my favorite maps!) So many thanks for all of your help...really...and yes I've saved everything in a different folder in a different drive!!!!

jamesdietz Wrote:I've saved everything in a different folder in a different drive!!!!

Thats the key to being happy,back ups 8)

I would like to know if there are certain files in certain folders that I could search for in order to double check to see if everything is in it's proper place. I have some QM maps that work and also are able to to do a strike & a scramble. I have just as many maps that don"t load at all.
Help!
I followed Easy Riders instructions for the installation of QMB+ and the missing files.

wildkimo Wrote:I would like to know if there are certain files in certain folders that I could search for in order to double check to see if everything is in it's proper place. I have some QM maps that work and also are able to to do a strike & a scramble. I have just as many maps that don"t load at all.
Help!
I followed Easy Riders instructions for the installation of QMB+ and the missing files.

(The link is inoperative)

... eh yet another QMB+ thread

Easy rider provided all possible explanation / turorial/files needed in thread linked above

regards
Z
Thread Closed