[Help] DC-KTO Map_F Questions

Greetings,

firstly, yes I did go over the tutorial. However, I'm having trouble putting together a Map_F that looks good when I switch to Excellent Mode.

If anyone was willing to share there personal proceedure for creating a Map_F.

OR even better, seeing as the two-man team for this map both have full plates, is there an experianced map maker that would like to help the small KTO team actually make one.

Thanks for your Responses AAA! Big Grin

P.S. If you do have the skill, time, and want to join the team and make the KTO Map_F you will be in the credits, and get a pre-beta copy obviously.

P.P.S. The only other issue I am having with this map are a few lag spots, AND THIS MIGHT BE MY MACHINE even though its a new machine.

I don't think the lag spots are Object, or Texture related. I say this because the Lag Spots existed before i started populating the map, and remained even when I dropped the -2's & -3's from the end of my textures in the load.ini

I don't know, I am hoping it is my machine, but I'm willing to slip a couple experianced map makers this to Pre-beta test for these Lag Spots.

Again thanks for your help people, you make this all happen!

Re: Map_F. sorry can't help. I'm an excellent user and never made a map_f.

Re: lag. Could this be map_c related? I hear that you can minimise size and speed up loading times of map_c by minimising the number of colours in map_c. This could be done as follows:
1. Set all map_c rgb 205 to 255 (all colours 206 and above represent the same thing - land (with sparse autogen trees on lowland/midland textures))

See whether this works... Good luck

The map-F's that I've studied are all mainly an olive green land shade with gray or blue water. What problems are you having with the way your map_f looks exactly?

mandrill7 Wrote:The map-F's that I've studied are all mainly an olive green land shade with gray or blue water. What problems are you having with the way your map_f looks exactly?

well i just can't seem to get the blended colors right. I had the idea last night of snapping a shot of the basic ground and sky color and just working with that on Gimp.

TSB_47 I will certainly look into that, I bet you thats what is going on! Doing this fix you mentioned will still allow for Shallows right?