"Slot Online" map request to Pacific Team

Hello guys!!
Please if it's possible make a Online version of The Slot for online battles!
I don't know that bases and region are most suitable for this purpose, but it would be nice if it will be somewhere in 1943 Big Grin

It is a thought that crossed our minds. We even considered doing this:

[Image: newgeorgiaonline.jpg]

...and include the bases at Barakoma, Gizo, Vila, Ondonga, Munda, and Segi Pt.

You may see it in the future, but right now, NGNB is taking up alot of time and resources from our team members. We are planning a texture update for the Slot, so you may see this online version out with that.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Oh Skunk very good news! Can't wait it Confusedhock: Big Grin

MAHA Wrote:Hello guys!!
Please if it's possible make a Online version of The Slot for online battles!
I don't know that bases and region are most suitable for this purpose, but it would be nice if it will be somewhere in 1943 Big Grin

you have everything you need already. the Slot and it's 6 versions/time periods contain everything you'd need. i'm not seeing how an extra map would help. Have you been on each version of the Slot? the bases begin to get closer the younger in time you go. it's only a 15min flight from Segi to Munda on the 7-43 map. the slot in all it's version was built as an online version. So i guess i'm confused by the question. it sounds like to me you are asking for an online version of an online version, an that's where you lost me.

flight times link
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/ ... ttimes.jpg

I must also point out, and stress, that I said that the map above may come into existance.

So, with that said, dont hold your breath.

The Slot maps you currently have are low on object count compared to other maps. The only disadvantage that the Slot maps pose for the online doggy fighting community is 1) large distances and 2) 4.09 compatible only.

Item 1 can be resolved with Test Runways, which is in use in many DF servers.

Item 2 is moot, because there are now more and more servers running on 4.09, and we give it all about 6 months, 4.08 servers will be a thing of the past or for hardkor anti-mod users.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

OK guys, but I still afraid to use this big map in COOP or DOG due to big loading times or existance of laggs, freezes etc. But I must say that I didn't try use it Big Grin. If you say it will be no problems, I'll try it next time in Lobby Smile. BTW, does it exist The Slot server or another place to play on the Map every evening?

In our Squad we used this map for a COOP Online Campaing...we made missions of 1:30 hrs. Very nice actually. And we flew long distances, no lag issues or anything...except some problems in plane spawning.

The Slot map is a masterpiece.

the Winds of War server seems to be running DF maps successfully.
try it, here's the IP
70.87.121.84:21008

Indeed, we have been running a dogfight map in the New Georgia area exactly like Skunk posted for the last couple nights, and it has proven to be extremely popular. We had about 40 people on tonight.

Big Thx guys! Smile

FA_Magnum you talk about Winds of War server?

Yes I am. Stop by any time.