Efate to Espiritu Santo Island

Well

Here's a special screen shot thread of a flight from Efate Island to Espiritu Santo Island

Espiritu Santo Island is very impressive as you will see.

General comments, tips, abuse and praise

All Welcome

Flying time Efate sunrise to Espiritu Santo about an hour.

Enjoy this for Sunday

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

We really need the maps, especially mission builders that want to extend upward into the slot.

The Espirito Santo extending up into the slot or Guadalcanal, Florida island at least. Yet, even then the B17s flying out of E S were flying all the way to Bougainville almost dailly. A very long distance.

Most people don't realize the B17s were flying out of Espirito Santo for months flying up the slot daily on photo and recon missions, along with some boming long before the Allies landed at Guadalcanal.

In fact, the war had progressed into the solomons almost a year before the first B17s landed at Henderson, Guadalcanal.

The USAAF was operating out of New Guinea and Espirito Santo. Most missions out of Espirito Santo were Long range and long range ferry missions into the rest of the the southern paciifc.

Espirito Santo was secure behind the lines a long way from the action.

The B17s left Espirito Santo flew over Tulagi around 6Am on their way up the slot daily. This was before Tulagi was a SPB and before Guadalcanal was developed by Japanese.

The B17s from ES played a very important role gathering information on the Japanese development within the Solomon Islands.

nearmiss Wrote:We really need the maps, especially mission builders that want to extend upward into the slot.

The Espirito Santo extending up into the slot or Guadalcanal, Florida island at least. Yet, even then the B17s flying out of E S were flying all the way to Bougainville almost dailly. A very long distance.

Most people don't realize the B17s were flying out of Espirito Santo for months flying up the slot daily on photo and recon missions, along with some boming long before the Allies landed at Guadalcanal.

In fact, the war had progressed into the solomons almost a year before the first B17s landed at Henderson, Guadalcanal.

The USAAF was operating out of New Guinea and Espirito Santo. Most missions out of Espirito Santo were Long range and long range ferry missions into the rest of the the southern paciifc.

Espirito Santo was secure behind the lines a long way from the action.

The B17s left Espirito Santo flew over Tulagi around 6Am on their way up the slot daily. This was before Tulagi was a SPB and before Guadalcanal was developed by Japanese.

The B17s from ES played a very important role gathering information on the Japanese development within the Solomon Islands.

never knew that! Thanks for the info!

I appreciate all info on this area. The B-17 info was great.

On Espiritu Santo there is Bomber Field 1 and Bomber Field 2 that I have to make.

Think of it from a beginner's map making point of view.

I've just learned how to make maps from Kevin p's awesome tutorials.

This area for me is interesting to start a professional map. Baa Baa Black Sheep etc..

I am learning everything from the ground up so to speak from making the map to texturing, populating, airfields etc.

For me this is a training ground as well for future maps to come.

Just want to do a very professional job with this one first.

There is very good information/photos on this area which makes it easier for research.

You could incorporate this map with campaigns Slot/Vanuatu/Slot Vanuatu/Team Pacific's up and coming master piece/Vanuatu.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

Beautiful. Thanks for this update!